Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vintage (brand) Guitars

• 28-06-2010 2:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

So I've been hearing a lot lately about Vintage guitars . Checked them out and they have some lovely looking guitars . Apperently they have proper Wilkinson parts too .

I'm saving up at the moment for the Icon Lemon Drop model (http://www.thomann.de/ie/vintage_icon_lv100mrpgm.htm?sid=8e344be12cff0119c77654edd1a5b653 ) and was just wondering what they're like , anyone have one or played one?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I've never played a Vintage but im all about promoting people trying different brands and I've recently invested in a cort and an sx, some of lesser known brand names or cheaper models can turn out to be amazing. I wouldn't buy any guitar without playing first though, I think guitar centre near georges st have vintage? or maybe xmusic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭BSOM

Have just taken on the Vintage Brand.... they are lovley ! We havent taken on many electrics but we have some cheaper ones (Around €200 mark) in stock. Your more than welcome to come in and try them out so you know what they are like before you order.

J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Do they do a tele? I'm semi-interested in buying one if I can get a decent price. Was hoping to get a classic vibe thinline, but if the vintage are as good or better for less I'd be swayed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭BSOM

Do they do a tele? I'm semi-interested in buying one if I can get a decent price. Was hoping to get a classic vibe thinline, but if the vintage are as good or better for less I'd be swayed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3w6VDRfY_8&feature=player_embedded#!

Would work out (ordered in) about €395.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

I got one for my kid ,a les paul iced tea
    Its a lovely guitar & has a really nice comfortable neck
    You need to change the pots & caps though ,The pickups are fine once this is done Great value

Tried it alongside my gibson lp & my joe perry boneyard & it really holds its own
    I see they have a joe bonamassa copy now ....Yum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

I have a Vintage P - bass copy thats about 14 or 15 years old and its lovely. Neck like a baseball bat. I've tried their guitars too and yeah they're very good. Their strat copy has two holes in the tuning peg so you can lock the string. Simple but ingenious. (No I dont work for them I just think its cool)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

... Their strat copy has two holes in the tuning peg so you can lock the string. Simple but ingenious. (No I dont work for them I just think its cool)
    Very cool! Why dont they all do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Very cool! Why dont they all do that?

If it aint broke..

Advertisement