Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goldsmith , Dublin

Options
  • 28-06-2010 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi All,

I have a couple of gold necklaces which are broken. A goldsmith should be able to solder/weld it within no time. I checked with a couple of jewellers and they all would need the chains to be sent out and get it fixed in a week or so.

I was looking for a place where i could get it fixed then and there , without having to leave the gold with them. Would anyone know of a suitable place.

Thanks in advance,
    Cathy
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Try Martin Gear on Dorset street.

http://www.martingearjewellers.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CathyMelbin

Thanks a lot for the advice. I tried them and they said the cost of repair would be 22 euro. I didnt expect that much .

Would anyone know any other place , where i could get a better price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Off the top of my head, Breretons on Capel are good. No idea of prices. I -think- that Time Express on Abbey St also do jewelry. They're beside the Twisted Pepper/3FE across the road from Arnotts. Don't quote me on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bodrick.09

Dublin Goldsmiths in talbot street beside carrolls will solder your chain for €14.95
    and can usually do it while you wait

Advertisement