Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiler Prices?

Options
  • 28-06-2010 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

I was just wondering if anyone has a rough price for a tiler (per sqm). I need to get an en-suite done and some of the kitchen tiled.

Cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

ninjaBob wrote: »
    I was just wondering if anyone has a rough price for a tiler (per sqm). I need to get an en-suite done and some of the kitchen tiled.

Cheers

25-30 euro is about the average if you are in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

25-30 was 2007 prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭rayjdav

I recently got tiler for new bathroom and ensuite. Wife wouldnt let me touch it:D:D

Cork based, coming to Waterford to tile, came in at €13/msq. Heavy porcelin tiles, fix and grout. Wife wanted marble in hall/kitchen, budget didnt allow but they quoted €25/msq to lay these.:eek:

Obviously, we supplied all materials, tiles/grout/adhesive/beading etc etc.

On a side note, of all the trades that we got, the 2 tilers who worked here were the most cantankerous? and awkward "trades" that set foot in our house. Complained about this/that and the other the whole time. Told 1st lad to f**k off on day 3. 2nd lad quoted mad price, after driving from cork, told him not a chance, so he drove off. Rang 20mins later tail between the legs. Basically, moral if getting tiling, or other work done, haggle and stick to your guns. You will get good price, better that what they quote.

Delighted with the finished product but still, time is up on these prima donnas:D

25-30 was 2007 prices.

Eh,no its not,thats what alot of tilers are still charging in Dublin.

A friend of mine who put his house build out to tender recently,got 15 tenders back.Allmost all of the quotes and charges for tiling was 25-30 euro a square meter.

I also recently got several quotes for tiling in my own house and 5 different tilers who quotedme,all were 25 euro upwards.

1 of them wanted 35 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Where is the job and what is the tile

Ceramic

Porc

Marble

Has the floor to be preped or is it bear in which case it will still need to be primed...

Anyway prices are roughly

18-25 for porc and ceramic

30 -40 for marble.

This will generally include laying of timber and priming. If you want a number for dublin and meath let me know.

If your beyond this give me an idea and I will check who i know

• Advertisement

Where is the job and what is the tile

Ceramic

Porc

Marble

Has the floor to be preped or is it bear in which case it will still need to be primed...

Who...me??

My job is done now,had 1 inch thick solid marble (60 x 60cm) and brown marble border layed in kitchen and then sealed.and also the bathroom completely tiled too.

paddy147 wrote: »
    Who...me??

My job is done now,had 1 inch thick solid marble (60 x 60cm) and brown marble border layed in kitchen and then sealed.and also the bathroom completely tiled too.

That was a good price. Did the tiler seal the marble or did it come sealed...

That was a good price. Did the tiler seal the marble or did it come sealed...

Sealed by the tiler.

I got the marble for 35 euro a square meter.

It was ordered in for another couple,but due to a passing in the family,the couple never went ahead with the tiling.

The tile shop was stuck with it,and I happened to stumble across it in their warehouse 1 day.I was only out there with my girlfriend to pick out tiles for our bathroom.So finding the marble was a complete fluke.

The owner of the tile shop asked me if I was interested in the whole lot (40 meters squared),as he wanted rid of it as it was taking up space, and I said,yes if the price was right.

We had a chat,an in the end,the price was right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

think terry the mod is a tiler, he gives boardsie discounts too!

edit: this guy..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=30961

Anyway,sorry to the OP for straying off topic.

Make sure you get several quotes and also ask to see some tiling work they have done.

Anyone can claim to be a tiler in this day and age.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭ninjaBob

Nope it's all good, helps with the figuring out what needs to be done.

Out of interest if the floor isn't primed what can happen?

Cheers

ninjaBob wrote: »
    Nope it's all good, helps with the figuring out what needs to be done.

Out of interest if the floor isn't primed what can happen?

Cheers

Maybe nothing... or maybe the tiles will start to seperate from the floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 funmacool

I'm thinking of getting my bathroom in Cork tiled. Does anyone know roughly what I should be paying per square yard? Will the tiler remove and replace the sink and toilet or will I need to engage a plumber as well?

Advertisement