Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I can't decide. Chester Cathedral

• 28-06-2010 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hello all. I don't post very often, more of an observer. Especially when it comes to images, but I'm really torn. In quickly processing them I think I've answered my own question, but I'm not totally sure.

In any case - these are from my recent trip to Chester in the Cathedral, I took so many pictures of the windows. Any comments or criticisms would be welcome, I don't get much outside input on my stuff.

4741885631_f86db386f5.jpg

4741885143_a8e84fac2d.jpg

4742522458_289f8504c8.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

any bigger versions? Im liking number two the most.There seems a sense of calm to the image.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭Misa-san

I have them up on my Flickr if you'd prefer.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34043453@N07/

I like how some of the textures look in 2, but the colours are drawing me to number 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭GavinZac

I think I prefer the last one, the subtle colour differences in the glass are more interesting than the bright green leaves IMO.

That's why I like it too, it's what has me torn between it and the first one ...

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭32finn

no.2 for me also!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I definitely prefer the first one, definitely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

First one. I'm a fiend for contrast, and saturation. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Ettna

No 1 for me, I love the texture and faults in the old glass.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

No. 3 for me.

The first one is too saturated IMHO - all I see is greenery beyond the glass.

No. 2 is just bland.

No. 3 is interesting (what is Jan 22?), well exposed and has nice detail in the catch.

My 2c worth!

I don't know the significance of the dates on the windows.

As much as I love the 3rd, I think I'll keep that for my personal collection.
    I pulled some of the colour out of 1, that was SOOC as it was.

4743462493_87ab67320d.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭IamBlip

Sorry but i dont really like any of them and all for the same reasons...the crop looks all wrong to me, I think they would look better with the diamond glass in the "photo frame" and with some of the wall above the window frame shown too.

Also the (lettering JAN 22) seems of some signifigent part of the window but yet its not visable enough (on my screen) and keeps drawing my eye to find out what the last letter is. If i did have to pick one i'd go with No. 1.

Couldn't resist. They're only for myself afterall.

Appreciate the feedback. The textures drew me to try B+W but it doesn't lend itself to this particular.

4743624673_4e72475607.jpg

I'll have some more up from the trip soon enough - lots more windows!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

3rd one is my pick of the 3. Very nice, I'd keep the subtle colours in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

#3. nicer colours and more interesting to my mind.

Advertisement