Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We are 29% dearer than the EU Average

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

goat2 wrote: »
    today i bought in my local,
    lee strand milk one lt 1.24
    tin of peas 97
    sugar 109
    kerrygold butter 2.38
    denny rashers, about 10 rashers in pack 4.98
    rhubarb tart 4.99
    sausages 3.54
    2 chicken fillets 3.58
    i have receipts to prove
    anyone on here tell me
    am i being screwed

You're now comparing a local store that buys in small quanitities so that you can drop into them at the last minute to get something, to the largest supermarket in the world.

Maybe compare your salary and the work you do with someone doing the same thing in India? - Just as crazy.

Then you claim to compare like with Like - Tesco brand & Asda brand is NOT comparing like with like - even within Tesco, you can compare 2 different tesco own brand products.

Then you compare 2 offers - how crazy are you getting. So bloody what if one company has on offer that is better than another company's offer. By this format, I can claim that Asda are 30% dearer than sainsburys across the road.

Frankly you are showing such inept methology in your arguments, I sincerely hope that this forms no part of your everyday work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

g32 wrote: »

You may want to comment why its flawed rather than because you say so.

How many times should I repeat what has already been said in this thread on multiple occasions yet continually ignored by you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

91011 wrote: »
    You're now comparing a local store that buys in small quanitities so that you can drop into them at the last minute to get something, to the largest supermarket in the world.

Maybe compare your salary and the work you do with someone doing the same thing in India? - Just as crazy.

Then you claim to compare like with Like - Tesco brand & Asda brand is NOT comparing like with like - even within Tesco, you can compare 2 different tesco own brand products.

Then you compare 2 offers - how crazy are you getting. So bloody what if one company has on offer that is better than another company's offer. By this format, I can claim that Asda are 30% dearer than sainsburys across the road.

Frankly you are showing such inept methology in your arguments, I sincerely hope that this forms no part of your everyday work.
    this was bought in a big chain supermarket, there is one of these supermarkets in every town in this country,
    sorry to have to tell you it is not a small corner shop, neither is it a village shop, nor a petrol station shop

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

this was bought in a big chain supermarket, there is one of these supermarkets in every town in this country,
    sorry to have to tell you it is not a small corner shop, neither is it a village shop, nor a petrol station shop

You are allowed to post the name of this big chain, there's really no need to be so cryptic about it.

Mactard wrote: »
    You are allowed to post the name of this big chain, there's really no need to be so cryptic about it.
    supervalu

• Advertisement

supervalu

Which is predominantly made up of independent retailers trading under one brand administered by musgraves.

the one i shop at the person own about ten of these stores

But is still tied to buying through musgraves and paying a percentage of turnover in fees etc. It's nowhere near the same as a company the size of Tesco, Dunnes, ASDA or Sainsburys etc operating their own hundreds / thousands of stores.

actually looking at your list, the only thing that can be properly compared is kerrygold - this is £2.38 (€2.98) in sainsburys.

All other products have so many variants - sizes, qualities & styles that it is impossible to compare with so little info. - even within the store you were at, there are many variants of the products.

I do most of my shop at supervalu and I'm happy that it provides good value and the quality that I insist on.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

today i bought in my local,
    lee strand milk one lt 1.24
    tin of peas 97
    sugar 109
    kerrygold butter 2.38
    denny rashers, about 10 rashers in pack 4.98
    rhubarb tart 4.99
    sausages 3.54
    2 chicken fillets 3.58
    i have receipts to prove
    anyone on here tell me
    am i being screwed

On the Chicken Fillets you were, they had an offer as per their website, 5 for €6:
    Special Offers - SuperValu

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,085 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

91011 wrote: »
    actually looking at your list, the only thing that can be properly compared is kerrygold - this is £2.38 (€2.98) in sainsburys.

All other products have so many variants - sizes, qualities & styles that it is impossible to compare with so little info. - even within the store you were at, there are many variants of the products.

I do most of my shop at supervalu and I'm happy that it provides good value and the quality that I insist on.

That phrase sounds like one that an ad-man would come up with.

I've always found SuperValu to be over-priced, and with a lousy selection to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

TBH only thing ive noticed is a smaller bag of shopping for the same €50. Its irrelevant whether i buy in south or north its still smaller!

ejmaztec wrote: »

I've always found SuperValu to be over-priced, and with a lousy selection to boot.

I can in and out within 10 minutes & park right beside the door - its also on way home - Tesco / Dunnes would be min 15 minute drive away, park in busy carpark, minimum 30 minutes in store, fight to get out of carpark & then min 15min back home.

As for selection, depends on size of store - all are different and many are tailored to local market. (2 supervalus in Athy!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭PatsytheNazi

Have you carried out a 100% survey on that?........that would be another generalisation, based on your assumption that "most" people have the same opinion as yourself. ;)

Have you carried out a 100% survey on that?........that would be another generalisation, based on your assumption that "most" people have the same opinion as yourself. ;)

You don't respond well to criticism, do you?:o

When one person expresses an opinion, that is the same as having a 100% survey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭PatsytheNazi

You don't respond well to criticism, do you?:o

When one person expresses an opinion, that is the same as having a 100% survey.
    You don't respond well to criticism, do you?:o :) But what I don't respond too well to is pedantic hassling.

You don't respond well to criticism, do you?:o :) But what I don't respond too well to is pedantic hassling.

Stalk much?

Advertisement