Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry for England :(

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

yes it would be terrible for us but i dont think capello will get the road. having said that harry would be a great choice for england

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I wouldn't worry, you might get Fabio in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

mickman wrote: »
    yes it would be terrible for us but i dont think capello will get the road. having said that harry would be a great choice for england

Surely 'Arry would have more sense than to put himself forward for that job!!?? It's a poison chalice!!!

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

I genuinely think we could lose him tbh. If the FA offered him the job he would take it - he's said that before and said it now and I don't think anyone can turn down the offer to manage their country too easily.

The big if though is would the FA offer it to him under the tax / legal clouds that have not been fully resolved. Apart from that though he's a very strong contender - they're more than likely going to bow to public pressure and appoint a UK national to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I agree,

Right at the final whistle I said I bet Harry will get it. Can't blame him either TBF

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

fcuk! things have just started going well for us and now we are about to loose the person who got us this far.

there's talk that roy hodgson is favorite to replace capello, but i've a feeling in my gut that harry will get it.RAGE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

The big if though is would the FA offer it to him under the tax / legal clouds that have not been fully resolved. Apart from that though he's a very strong contender - they're more than likely going to bow to public pressure and appoint a UK national to it.

The FA won't touch Harry.. he knows this too. He's probably angling for a new contract at Spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    The FA won't touch Harry.. he knows this too. He's probably angling for a new contract at Spurs.

+1 , Harry doesnt have a squeeky clean image so the FA wont touch him. If Hodgson hasnt gone to pool in next forthnight , he'd be the fit the FA would be looking for. Banker harry looking for a new contract with us , he knows FA wouldnt touch him imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

he's the right man for the job

hoping his upcoming court case will put off the FA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

Hodgson off to pool, so that's the FA's sensible choice gone.
    Harry's the man everyone's gonna be calling for - plus he's told everyone he wants it.
    The England national team are at an all time low - I don't see the FA letting alleged tax evasion get in the way.

GET YOUR FINGER OUT LEVY!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

If Harry would rather manage England at this juncture than Tottenham then good luck to him and good riddance. He'd be absolutely mad. I'd thank him on his way out but wouldn't beg him to stay. I am very disappointed that he has made himself available for every rent a quote thats going to be honest. He's supposed to be an active manager of a football club not a pundit. Its very disrespectful to speak about coveting another job when your current employer and their fans are listening. Its almost as bad as Robbie Keane saying he wanted to play for Liverpool a few years ago when he was flying it.

If we got Capello in return I think we'd be doing ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Lads, the FA will not touch him with his court case ongoing, do we not remember El Tel's reign and how it ended?

golfball37 wrote: »
    If Harry would rather manage England at this juncture than Tottenham then good luck to him and good riddance. He'd be absolutely mad. I'd thank him on his way out but wouldn't beg him to stay. I am very disappointed that he has made himself available for every rent a quote thats going to be honest. He's supposed to be an active manager of a football club not a pundit. Its very disrespectful to speak about coveting another job when your current employer and their fans are listening. Its almost as bad as Robbie Keane saying he wanted to play for Liverpool a few years ago when he was flying it.

If we got Capello in return I think we'd be doing ok.

Personally I think there's a big difference between declaring you would take the chance to manage another club versus your country. I'd be very disappointed and pissed off if he had said "I would jump at the chance to manage chelsea" or similar but I can't blame him nor hold it against him for wanting to manage his country.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Smokin_Aces

I think Harry is great for Spurs and Spurs are great for Harry so I don't think he would take over England just yet seeing he could very well be in the group stages of the champions league. He has put in alot of work and he might want to bring the club to even bigger heights. England and Harry could happen in a few years though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Lads, the FA will not touch him with his court case ongoing, do we not remember El Tel's reign and how it ended?

Good Point.

I have no shame in admitting when Arry took over I didn't want him.

But he proved me very wrong, I would wish him well if he did go because TBF I doubt he'll be the fav to get the England job again.

Maybe yes he shouldn't have so blatantly thrown his name in the hat but I wouldn't hold it against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

England have a team of stars who are not playing well because they have a foreign manager who (alledgedly) treats them like kids and does not communicate with them directly. They now need to bring him a manager who will raise morale and allow players to play to their full potential.
    Does that sound worryingly familiar or is it just me......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd hate to see him go, but i couldnt hold it against him if he did. Its fair to say that managing your country would be great, and Harry has pretty much said he'd love the job.

In fairness, Harry has done a great job with Spurs, and its something I never thought he was capable of doing last season. In all honesty, I didn't fancy us to get top 4 last year, and it was a huge effort and achievment from him.

Fair play, and I hope he stays and brings more success to the lane.

• Advertisement

Roy has signed as Liverpool boss today, bad news for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

The FA have announced in the last few minutes that Capello will be staying on as England manager. Time to celebrate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Leucifer

ruiseal wrote: »
    The FA have announced in the last few minutes that Capello will be staying on as England manager. Time to celebrate!

Whoot!

Leucifer wrote: »
    Whoot!

Waaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaay :D

I refer to my Sig,

Harry can fix anything, although maybe not England :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Lovely stuff,that's the news we wanted to hear:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Harry's autobiography talks about the England job....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/harry-redknapp-fresh-blast-fa-2346158?
    On April 1, I was contemplating the way forward for England with Brendan Rodgers - and on April 29 the FA offered the job to Roy Hodgson.

Thanks Harry, you pr!ck. From the 1st of April until the 29th of April, we got one point from nine! Drew with Sunderland, lost to Norwich at home and lost to QPR away. If we had just picked up ONE more point in those games, we would have finished ahead of Arsenal and got Champions League football.

Harry's autobiography talks about the England job....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/harry-redknapp-fresh-blast-fa-2346158?

Thanks Harry, you pr!ck. From the 1st of April until the 29th of April, we got one point from nine! Drew with Sunderland, lost to Norwich at home and lost to QPR away. If we had just picked up ONE more point in those games, we would have finished ahead of Arsenal and got Champions League football.

He treated us like sh1te, I said it many times but many on here disagreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

He had been eyeing up the job earlier than that. Capello was due to leave after the Euros and he thought he was a shoe in for the job, especially after the success of Spurs and the amount of coverage the BBC gave him during the 2010 World Cup.

I remember watching Crooks interview him in Jan 2012 at Spurs Lodge and thinking, 'what the fcuk is our manager doing being interviewed at our training ground about a job elsewhere'... Made me sick.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16556067

Glad Levy sacked him. A book I won't be arsed reading.

• Advertisement

Glad Levy sacked him. A book I won't be arsed reading.

here here

Advertisement