Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing German externally.........

• 28-06-2010 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭

I need some help.......badly.

My school's only German teacher stinks on ice. I am wondering can I take the subject as pass level externally for matriculation requirements (I want to take Medicine at UCD!) or is that wishful thinking?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

I need some help.......badly.

My school's only German teacher stinks on ice. I am wondering can I take the subject as pass level externally for matriculation requirements (I want to take Medicine at UCD!) or is that wishful thinking?

German is one of the easier subjects to take externally because there are no projects for the teacher to supervise and sign off on. Just make sure your name is down for the orals and german written/aural when the school sends in the forms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭whistlin_boy

pathway33 wrote: »
    German is one of the easier subjects to take externally because there are no projects for the teacher to supervise and sign off on. Just make sure your name is down for the orals and german written/aural when the school sends in the forms.

Thanks...but one more question.

If I need to get grinds for it, can I get it anywhere or does it have to be somewhere specific. Also any recommendations for good places to get the grinds in the leinster (carlow) area!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Thanks...but one more question.

If I need to get grinds for it, can I get it anywhere or does it have to be somewhere specific. Also any recommendations for good places to get the grinds in the leinster (carlow) area!

You can get grinds off anyone who is familiar with the leaving cert course. They can come to your house or you can go to their house. If you fancy getting the bus to dublin you could do weekend grinds in the institute of education in leeson street on a saturday morning but I think it's €930 for the year. You have to balance this against the cost of a private tutor that may be €25 an hour.

I don't know any places in Carlow. Grinds usually advertise on the noticeboards in Spar and Super-Valu.

There's also a thread at the top of this forum where grinds advertise. You might get lucky there

Advertisement