Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ensuite upgrade to wetroom

• 28-06-2010 3:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭

im planning on upgrading my ensuite to a wet room. the wet room area will be 12meter square. im wondering what this would cost roughly from start(remove old shower stuff) to finish(fully tiled). i would supply tiles and adhesive/grout.
    any ball park figures?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Its a very open question.

If your putting a screen in these cost about a grand as they are heavier glass.

My experience has been this...From start to finish a bathroom costs around 4k, a wet room costs about 5k As there is more labour in tanking etc...However what you save on the shower tray you will spend on the waste...

Just price around and remeber to keep about 2 boxes of spare tiles incase you get a leak and need to open the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 little lamb

Where are you? area (living)

are you ground floor or is the en suite in an upstairs bedroom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

im in blanchardstown. i want the wetroom open so no screen needed. the ensuite is upstairs in a bedroom. i dont need new sink or toilet, just old shower/tiling setup removed. shower area tanked and tiled. so i guess around 5k ...
    thanks for the tip about keeping the tiles!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 little lamb

Hi Curry Addict

When you say you don't need a toilet or hand basin it is it that you are thinking of not having them in the new wet room? Because if you are thinking you can use the ones you have it a no go in a wet room as you need to use cantilever ones you CAN'T screw toilets or basins to the wet room floor as this will cause leaks

If this is something you would like to discuss in more detail I'm happy to make or take a call from you Just PM me your number that you would like me to contact you on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Hi Curry Addict

When you say you don't need a toilet or hand basin it is it that you are thinking of not having them in the new wet room? Because if you are thinking you can use the ones you have it a no go in a wet room as you need to use cantilever ones you CAN'T screw toilets or basins to the wet room floor as this will cause leaks

If this is something you would like to discuss in more detail I'm happy to make or take a call from you Just PM me your number that you would like me to contact you on

Bang on about the toilet but what i have seen is just silicone the toilet to the floor. Granted its called cowboy but lots of plumbers do it. Especially in wet rooms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

@little lamb, the sink and toilet are outside the wet area and will be reused so i dont have to buy new ones.
    thanks for the offer but i dont want to engage someone yet as i have holidays coming soon etc.

Advertisement