Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quitting still ruining online

Options
  • 28-06-2010 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭

I didn't play FIFA for months but decided to play again and so far I've played about 25 games and about 20 have quit, the majority before half time. This game is a joke online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Just use the custom match settings to search for players with less then 10% dnf and you will find a lot less people will quit against you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Parawind wrote: »
    Just use the custom match settings to search for players with less then 10% dnf and you will find a lot less people will quit against you.

Tried this, doesn't work unfortunately. So far today I played 10 games and 9 have quit

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It's an absolute pain in the ass. It seems like FIFA has become 'first to three' for most people. If I ever get to 3 up, they automatically quit. Or as one guy did, score about 9 own goals in a row and then quitting, while all I could do was watch as I couldn't get the ball.

They should do what Uncharted do to quits and that's punish them. My suggestion, if you quit a game, twenty or thirty minute online ban, end of story. Yeah it'd hit a couple of unfortunate d/c, but it'd get the majority of sore losers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Animal Bar

Whats worse is when you are winning the other player will stop playing, probably goes off to make a cup of tea hoping that you will quit from the boredom. There should be a inactivity victory. And quitters must be punished

Animal Bar wrote: »
    Whats worse is when you are winning the other player will stop playing, probably goes off to make a cup of tea hoping that you will quit from the boredom. There should be a inactivity victory. And quitters must be punished

Exactly.... you can't make anyone sit through a game they have no hope of winning, i'd rather a quitter then someone who just takes the piss wasting your time.

Once i played this fella, who was even worse then the type who leaves the controller down With the game still in the FH, he started kicking it straight back to his keeper, kicking it into his net then letting all the replays run and waiting as long as the players took to take KO, so basically every goal was taking less then one minute game time. He eventually messed up and put it out for a corner and i had to take it short, pass it back to my end and keep it until HT and again in the second half, i think he quit then after a while of me keeping it :rolleyes:...without doubt the saddest individual i ever played

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Well one night recently when I got 3-0 up, the guy got 6 men sent off so the game was abandoned. I tried keeping the ball but he kept on catching my defender afer the ball was played.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

It's an absolute pain in the ass. It seems like FIFA has become 'first to three' for most people. If I ever get to 3 up, they automatically quit. Or as one guy did, score about 9 own goals in a row and then quitting, while all I could do was watch as I couldn't get the ball.

They should do what Uncharted do to quits and that's punish them. My suggestion, if you quit a game, twenty or thirty minute online ban, end of story. Yeah it'd hit a couple of unfortunate d/c, but it'd get the majority of sore losers.

Lucky you! I had to endure that from the 18th till the 90th minute one night.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

It is a joke, something has to be done, surely they can tell the difference between a player that quits and one that loses connection in order to hand out a ban? or do the guys restart their game?

I have 0% DNF but sometimes you have to work hard to keep that, when you are winning by a good deal it is like the players try to bore you to try get you to quit. On the other hand i was losing once 4-2 and the other player kicked the ball back to his keeper and started doing keepy uppys with the keeper, i just did nothing until he got bored of doing it - i ended up winning 5-4 which was a huge moral victory for me :D

It ruins the game, i always play with Sunderland as it is a team i hve got used to, it seems it happens to me more than my brother as people seem to get more annoyed if you are beating them with a team like Sunderland.

Hope they can sort something out in fifa11

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

Has anyone else had the problem of people quiting in an ultamate team tournament and being awarded the win but not going into the next round. I had to play the last 16 3 times today before i got a player who didnt quit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

bonescap wrote: »
    Has anyone else had the problem of people quiting in an ultamate team tournament and being awarded the win but not going into the next round. I had to play the last 16 3 times today before i got a player who didnt quit

Its not a problem, its in there by design.

A horrible f*cked-up illogical load of sh*t, design.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Thatbrownguy

Does anyone else have problems with just finding a game? Takes bloody ages for me, I find a person and then it just disconnects, have to try it like 5 times before it actually works..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Does anyone else have problems with just finding a game? Takes bloody ages for me, I find a person and then it just disconnects, have to try it like 5 times before it actually works..

It's the same for me, takes ages to get a game, more than 5 times normally.

Advertisement