Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Downloader Alternative Services Against Rapidshare

• 28-06-2010 5:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭

In light of the changes (discussed here) to Rapidshare and their service, if you intend to move downloader service, which one(s) will go most likely go to?

I myself will go (and have already) with Hotfile and Megashare accounts.

Leaving Rapidshare soon? What other would you use? 71 votes

Hotfile
    0% 0 votes
    Megaupload
    47% 34 votes
    Megashare
    26% 19 votes
    Fileserve
    9% 7 votes
    Netload
    9% 7 votes
    Freakshare
    2% 2 votes
    Ukfilehost.com
    1% 1 vote
    Other
    1% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Hotfile. That's where the uploader's are going, so its where the downloader's are going to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Yeah i'm going to probably move to hotfile, i've noticed a big change in links over last few months and weeks going there instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭jeffk

Im in the waiting to see if i cancel rs and to move to hotfile.

Everywhere i look its all hf now, i wonder if they let you;download more than one file @ a time, hit the full speeds that our isp give us and whats the daily limit, ala rs 5gb.

http://hotfile.com/premium.html

To lazy to screen shot/photobucket, but its all there and in one case in bold writing. Bye bye rs, send the email and when thats sorted hello hf!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

I voted for all of them cause i just use whatever i can find that works well WITH THE LEAST AMOUNT OF SPAM..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 scottyccfc

Where can I get a good uploader like the downloader "Jdownloader"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Hotfile or MegaUpload not sure which one yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Hotfile/Megaupload

Megaupload have a snazzy lifetime membership which I might consider if most of the uploaders move over there.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Think I'll be jumping on the hotfile bandwagon :D

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 scottyccfc

Hotfile for me too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭theothers108

hotfile is looking good a lot more posters r using hf links at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 9 fkm

Just to some of you thinking of switching to Hotfile, I took out a premium account recently and noticed they have some serious bandwidth problems with some of their servers.

I tend to get ~400-500 kbps but around 10% of their servers are giving mediocre speeds of around 5-30 kbps along with dropped connections. For those downloading files divided into different parts, becomes a real pain.

Never had this problem with Rapidshare or Megaupload.

fkm wrote: »
    Just to some of you thinking of switching to Hotfile, I took out a premium account recently and noticed they have some serious bandwidth problems with some of their servers.

I tend to get ~400-500 kbps but around 10% of their servers are giving mediocre speeds of around 5-30 kbps along with dropped connections. For those downloading files divided into different parts, becomes a real pain.

Never had this problem with Rapidshare or Megaupload.

I noticed the same, if you stick in two or three downloads @ once in say Jdownloader it hits the max speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

Fileserve anyday for me.
    More than enough links if you know where to look.
    I get constant 10mb/s download speeds.
    Very rarely 1 or 2 links die/bug whatever while downloading
    I have downloaded over 1tb in past 2 months without any problems.
    Unlimited for a year and its cheap enough compared to rapidshare.
    I havent used any others and I dont plan to, since fileserve is ace atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

Lets face facts, RS is by far the most reliable service there is.

sadly links that they use are reported alot so you've to do a fair bit of searching to find what your looking for

I had premium account for Hotfile and fileserve as well but speeds were rarely at full while rapidshare always was giving it socks

Hotfile is currently being brought to court in states, RS has won pretty much all lawsuits against it over copyright ....and they allow for SSL downloads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

rapidshare uploaders are greatly increasing in numbers again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

yeah, noticing a bit of a rise in RS links again. Hotfile links seem to go dead very quickly.

shared Duckload premium with someone for a while, and found it to be good although links aren't plentiful for it. speeds of ~1.1mb/s for each file, regardless of how many files i was downloading. had 10 files d/ling at one point, same speed for all of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

See the other thread, Usenet is miles better than any of these file services (better quality, choice and easier to search) and lots cheaper than You realise
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055955650

Advertisement