Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long will driving licence take to arrive in post?

• 28-06-2010 5:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭

I applied a week and a half ago for full licence and still no sign of it.....

Didnt think it would take so long!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Got mine in 2 days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Got mine in 2 days...

Same here.

Op a week and a half seems an awful long time. I think they say within five working days. Maybe give a shout into your local tax office and ask what the status is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

Log into your email and find an old ryanair booking, save the page and edit it to put the date as tomorrow.

Get passport photos and a tenner

Go to tax office and get licence on the spot

simples :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

get back to your motor tax/licencing office OP, got mine in two days

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I applied for mine on Monday morning (in Dundalk) at 11am and got it on Wednesday morning.

Don't worry though - I'm sure it will come soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭questionmark?

jumbone wrote: »
    Log into your email and find an old ryanair booking, save the page and edit it to put the date as tomorrow.

Get passport photos and a tenner

Go to tax office and get licence on the spot

simples :D

:confused: Why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

Why

If you can show travel documents for a journey in the next few days and say you need your licence for driving abroad, you can get it on the spot instead of through the post.

This method saves time waiting on your licence if you dont happen to be travelling soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

Just rang them there and theres a 3 week backlog at the moment so should have it in a week or so!

No panic :)

Advertisement