Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PROJECT MATHS LC

• 28-06-2010 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

alright, i hear 24 schools have done this new maths syllabus in ireland. i would like to know how it differs from the original maths course. my friends told me you must write how/why you got answers from an equation- essentially a very long essay? is that right?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 kmlarules

pathway33 wrote: »

but that doesnt tell me whether you need to write out in english how/why you get answers?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

The sample papers on that link will show you what sort of english explanations you have to write out and the boxes provided for the answers indicates the length of answer expected

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

In my opinion, writing out in words 'Why' and 'How' an answer/graph was derived isn't real maths, and that combined with the dumbing down of the new syallabus, is why Project Maths is going to ruin Second Level Mathematics in the future. I fail to see how it could prepare you for 3rd level.

Advertisement