Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new hopefully to marketing!

• 28-06-2010 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hi got an interview today for door to door marketing with this big company got through to the second round tomorrow. I am new to this so can anyone give me tips on how to get this job permanently ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭new shoes

Is it sales or marketing mate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭christmasinjuly

sales marketing, am like going to doors promoting etc.. airtricity or vodafone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Benny Lava

sales marketing, am like going to doors promoting etc.. airtricity or vodafone

PMD??? See the thread on them in this forum.

Biggest group of scammers going.

Oh really? Is it commission only or something?

It's sales more so. Best of luck but, hope it goes well..

Dont think I could do it myself..

Oh my god thats it? jesus I ve an interview at half 12 but I dont think I will bother now.Thay wanted me to go for a trial interview which was 12:30 til 8! I think I lll stick with my happy little flyer delivery job to be honest

• Advertisement

GO for it...

Interview experience if nout else...

You never know the potential of it until you try!

You could deliveryour flyers whicle calling door to door :rolleyes:

Its an observation day thing dude ha, No from reading previous posts I will be grand ,Am sounds like too much work anyway

I'm not sure you checked out the threads on PMD, so I'll explain to you.

You will go on an "observation day", wandering around estates observing a sales guy trying to push people in switching to Airtricity. The transport will be provided by the poor unfortunate soul who signed up and admitted to owning a car. Eight hours after going out, you will return to the office for a bullsh*t second interview. The main man will say "I can't see any reason not to give you the job". Then you will work about 45 hours a week and get €13 for every person you get to switch with electricity and €26 for every person you get to switch with electricity and gas. This will NOT be a lot, ignore the rubbish figures the trainers will be claiming to have reached. If the observation day happens to be a slow day they will say "we wanted to show ye that it's not always easy", however this is an example of a typical day. If you're lucky you will make as many euros as the amount of hours you work.

It has been referred to as an "pyramid style employment" scam and that's probably a good way to sum it up. If you're happy with no basic pay and won't feel exploited by getting far less than minimum wage per day and have no problem annoying people in their homes - take the job. However if you see a problem with any of those three things (which anyone with a bit of sense would), stay the hell away from PMD Marketing.

Benny Lava wrote: »
    I'm not sure you checked out the threads on PMD, so I'll explain to you.

You will go on an "observation day", wandering around estates observing a sales guy trying to push people in switching to Airtricity. The transport will be provided by the poor unfortunate soul who signed up and admitted to owning a car. Eight hours after going out, you will return to the office for a bullsh*t second interview. The main man will say "I can't see any reason not to give you the job". Then you will work about 45 hours a week and get €13 for every person you get to switch with electricity and €26 for every person you get to switch with electricity and gas. This will NOT be a lot, ignore the rubbish figures the trainers will be claiming to have reached. If the observation day happens to be a slow day they will say "we wanted to show ye that it's not always easy", however this is an example of a typical day. If you're lucky you will make as many euros as the amount of hours you work.

It has been referred to as an "pyramid style employment" scam and that's probably a good way to sum it up. If you're happy with no basic pay and won't feel exploited by getting far less than minimum wage per day and have no problem annoying people in their homes - take the job. However if you see a problem with any of those three things (which anyone with a bit of sense would), stay the hell away from PMD Marketing.

First hand experience Benny? C'mon? There must be some people who are good at this?

new shoes wrote: »
    First hand experience Benny? C'mon? There must be some people who are good at this?

First hand experience, indeed.

It doesn't really matter how good you are at it, there are still only a certain number of people who aren't with Airtricity and will want to switch to them based on figures that are thrown at them by a randomer on their doorstep.

You won't make anywhere near the amount of sales they claim most of their employees make. If you can manage to make your earnings even out at minimum wage per the amount of hours you work you will be doing phenomenally well.

The company hire loads of people because they know they will only have to pay them when money is coming into the business. In my opinion, commission only pay + unrealistic projections = scam.

• Advertisement

I wouldnt agree as I know some comission jobs pay fairly.. this 13 Euro p.a seems a bit ridiculous but...

new shoes wrote: »
    I wouldnt agree as I know some comission jobs pay fairly.. this 13 Euro p.a seems a bit ridiculous but...

Maybe I should edit my equation:

Commission only pay + unrealistic projections + vaguely worded adverts being put on jobs.ie almost daily + making new employees provide transport for fellow new employees without reimbursement + nine hour days including times when people aren't home/don't want to answer the door = scam.

Benny Lava wrote: »
    Maybe I should edit my equation:

Commission only pay + unrealistic projections + vaguely worded adverts being put on jobs.ie almost daily + making new employees provide transport for fellow new employees without reimbursement + nine hour days including times when people aren't home/don't want to answer the door = scam.

Fair enough when you out it that way!

I'm surprised they haven't invaded this thread with accounts set up solely to defend their company.

"Hi guys, I worked for PMD and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think they are a very professional organisation and sure, their work isn't for everyone, but those of us who can manage it find it to be a very beneficial experience".

Advertisement