Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browne's steakhouse

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭slavedave

I work above Brownes and often take guests there for lunch. In the 6 years or so that I have been going there I, my guests and my colleagues in the office can honestly say that we haven't had a bad meal (ok- twice I had the lobster bisque and it was over salted. The first time I ate it not knowing any different, and the second time I sent it back and they bought a fresh one minus the saltiness).
    Admittedly, we have only eaten the lunchtime special menus - all at a fixed price of around a tenner over the years but plenty of variety. The service at lunchtimes has always been good but there have never been more than 10 diners there at any one time. Burgers are consistently delicious - as were the seafood dishes I have eaten.
    Today I tried the Tapas for the first time (ever) and it was REALLY good. Spicy squid was amazing, and the chorizo casserole delicious. Would eat them again in a trice. We had a 2 for 1 voucher so my boss and I ate for €18-ish with a bottle of wine - if we had paid full whack it would have been a bit steep. The portions were okay for a lunch but wouldn't be meal sized. Super staff to help with suggestions but we were the only ones in the Tapas section of the restaurant.
    Generally, I wouldn't want to eat there on a Friday night because it gets fairly busy in there and I suspect the great service I am used to would be under pressure (and I quite like the individual attention the staff give us at lunchtimes).
    Overall, food is great and the staff make eating there at lunchtimes a consistent pleasure. Will keep going there.:D

Advertisement