Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Gaming Pc

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

deceit wrote: »
    Tech, the spec by dublingunner is pretty good but for the sake of power usage I would replace the 470 with a 5870 and the nvidia cards are really power hungry. But both the Amd and intel chips 1090T/930 are really good chips, if you deal with media and compressing alot of videos etc the 1090T would be a better choice but if its soley for gaming the 930 pips it with the better overclockability and better in games at standard clocks. I have an i7930 for my gaming machine and my htpc will soon be based on a 1090T when delivered.

For the games the OP listed a 5870 is total overkill and going to put a serious dent in the OPs or OPs mate's budget. A 6800 series card offers much more bang for the buck and leaves cash for other elements of the build.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Venom wrote: »
    For the games the OP listed a 5870 is total overkill and going to put a serious dent in the OPs or OPs mate's budget. A 6800 series card offers much more bang for the buck and leaves cash for other elements of the build.
    OP is over 4 months old, it was a random bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

massy086 wrote: »
    or just have hv build you this for 800 much better build

Very good build spec but something like a Corsair TX 650w PSU would be worth the extra cash imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Cancel that if you can. It's well overpriced. I just ordered a very similar pc (same cpu, memory and gpu) for about €350 less.

Advertisement