Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

onlinepccare.com *SCAM*

Options
  • 28-06-2010 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Got a call from this company onlinepccare.com, India based lads saying they are Windows technicians and that my PC was accessing viruses, because they were XP and Vista support I was getting a call to sort it out. I knew this was crap but decided to waste there time going through event viewer to see the errors, counting the errors oh no 23! this is really bad the man said! your PC is at risk! Everyone knows event viewer will always have multiple errors and none of them are serious! then after being transferred to the supervisor he asked for remote access to my pc, after I stopped laughing and told him I needed to answer the door (make a cup of coffee, read a magazine), I came back and told him where to go. The gig is they remote access load key stroke spy software, sell you anti virus you dont need and try get cc info out of you. If you get this call just hangup!:p
    dunno how they got my phone no. though thats buggin me!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement