Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shih Tzu Question

Options
  • 28-06-2010 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

This sounds like a silly question, but I have a little Shih Tzu. I've always thought that they should be brushed every day which is what I've done since we got him. I take pleasure in brushing him and making sure he looks and smells nice.

But I've since read that they SHOULDN'T be brushed every day!! Surely, that's not right? My dog's kept in a puppy clip, but his ears and paws are long, so I make sure to keep them well-groomed and free of twigs and leaves that get stuck in his fur.

What do you all think? Should ANY long-haired breed of animal be brushed every day?

TIA :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

I think they should, or as often as you want as long as their fur doesn't mat. Every day will keep it cleaner too.

Why did they say you shouldn't brush them everyday, does it break the fur? I think it probably would break more if tangled . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

morganafay wrote: »
    I think they should, or as often as you want as long as their fur doesn't mat. Every day will keep it cleaner too.

Why did they say you shouldn't brush them everyday, does it break the fur? I think it probably would break more if tangled . . .

Yes - that was the reason given. But I agree with you. I would've thought the fur would break more if you have to spend time detangling it, if the animal was regularly groomed...

Advertisement