Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

recomended bike mtb for a grand.

• 28-06-2010 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

looking at a ktm ultra sport?

whatcha think...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

What type of riding are you planning to do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

link....??

I have a hardtail boardman team and its and excellent bike for cross country. It has rockshoc Reba forks which are fantastic and elixer R disc breaks. Alot of bike for 1060 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

• Registered Users Posts: 16 lou f

I have a road bike, it be xc with a load of mates. Found a link on here for a genius bike with a fox rl fork and xt kit. Proably a better buy. Looking for a 16''.

Have a look on Irish downhill.

Your much better getting a second hand bike and having the best kit available for 1000.

• Advertisement

If you're buying second hand, get someone you know to check the bike out thoroughly. MTBs tend to get somewhat battered.

Gavin wrote: »
    If you're buying second hand, get someone you know to check the bike out thoroughly. MTBs tend to get somewhat battered.

Definitely but its a pretty small community so if someone does sell you a lemon your likely to get your money back.

JayEnnis wrote: »
    Definitely but its a pretty small community so if someone does sell you a lemon your likely to get your money back.

That's pretty optimistic, I'd never expect to get money back on a second hand purchase of anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

lou f wrote: »
    looking at a ktm ultra sport?

whatcha think...

Check out the cube range in Cycle Super Store:

www.cyclesuperstore.ie

Some good prices there on sub 1000 euro bikes and all available in 16"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

lou f wrote: »
    I have a road bike, it be xc with a load of mates. Found a link on here for a genius bike with a fox rl fork and xt kit. Proably a better buy. Looking for a 16''.

I have a 16.5" Merlin Malt for sale. Not exactly top spec (Deore, Rock Shox Tora fork) but at 420 euro it's a pretty good deal! Not a lemon, just not for me (in fact it has been sitting in the garage unused since I took those photos).

Think of what you could do with the 580 euro extra in your pocket :)

• Advertisement

Gavin wrote: »
    That's pretty optimistic, I'd never expect to get money back on a second hand purchase of anything.

Just going by experience.

Advertisement