Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old PC

Options
  • 28-06-2010 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any suggestions as what to do with unwanted Microsoft XP PC. Its in relatively good working order with Office 2003 installed.I'd hate to have to dump it.

Anyone know of any local charities / groups that would take it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

I think I know of a group (involved in youth services, but don't want to name them here) who might be interested. Is it a full, working PC with monitor, keyboard, mouse etc.? Could you post rough specs?

Alternatively, you could try 'phoning somewhere like the Northside Youth Café.

The charity shops per se probably won't/can't take it for lack of storage space.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭shanemort

Im sure any local charity would take it, Try calling into your local St vincent or Oxfam

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Not sure of the specs to be honest.

Its been used mainly for college/ school work for the last few years and has served me well.

Worked great when searching the net albeit a tad bit slow. I've cleared all documents and music off it so far.

Has a full micosoft office student 2003 package installed.

Comes with speakers/ mouse/ monitor/keyboard

I only live 5 mins walk from that youth cafe now that you mention it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

As far as I can remember the Charity Shops will not take electrical items.
    something to do with being sued if someone electrocutes themself after buying the item.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

is it just the tower you are getting rid of or the whole lot?

would recomend you post it on adverts.ie if you wish to sell it. if you are just throwing it out, and are thowing the whole lot out, I am looking for some parts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

Im looking for an old P.C as I've a few old computer games that I love which I can't play on windows 7

Advertisement