Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG Cookie Fresh, Samsung Tocco Lite, or other?

Options
  • 28-06-2010 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Looking for a bit of help with which phone to get, my current phone has kindly restored itself to factory settings about an hour ago, another indication that it's on the way out.

I find it difficult to buy phones these days because they have so much stuff that I don't want! I don't care about listening to music on it and I have 2 decent cameras so not bothered about that either really.

All I want really is:
    Meteor Network
    Easy to navigate, I find sometimes that Samsung phones seem unnecessarily complicated, I find Nokia menus easy to use.
    I'd like a big clear screen, it's useful in my business to show people photos of my work on my phone (transferred from my proper camera), my current phone has a very poor screen.
    I'd like to be able to access my emails/internet so I can do it easily for work when I'm not near a computer.
    I do like phones that I can personalise with themes, backgrounds, etc, girly girl, silly I know.

I buy cheap phones because I generally lose or damage them quite often, €100 would be my upper limit. I saw the LG Cookie Fresh and Samsung Tocco Lite on meteor website today, anybody have these or have heard anything good/bad about them?

My main thing is I don't want a complicated phone, I find some of them so awkward, mainly Samsungs though, that's what's turning me off the Tocco Lite.

Any help appreciated!

Edit: I did find a thread with these exact two phones but there weren't any clear pros or cons about them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Spooky1666

It seems like you need a pretty basic phone but since you use mobile internet you would rather be of with a phone with 3G.( 3G gives broadband like speeds. where you get coverage) Neither the Samung Tocco Lite or LG cookie fresh have 3g

For 100 euro its hard to get a 3g phone but there is still an option for you. The Nokia 5230. Its 130 euro on Meteor Link:https://store.meteor.ie/phones/nokia_5230/#/in_all_phones
    and I know its 99 Euro on three and o2 if you dont mind switching networks.
    Pros:
    Big screen and it has a high resolution so its more crisp.
    Nokia user interface which you said you like.
    3g internet so its fast :)
    Memory card slot and bluetooth so u can put your photos on it :)
    Ovi store so you can get apps ( many of which r free) and new backgrounds and themes :)
    Its technically a smartphone so it has a faster processor more ram etc. so its faster has less lag and better call quality. :)

Other features such as 2mp camera music radio gps if you ever decide to use them and now NOKIA ARE GIVING FREE GPS AND MAPS WITH VOICE NAVIGATION FOR FREE FOR BOTH CAR AND WALKING. The Nokia 5230 is compatible with this :) The Samsung and LG r cheap budget touchscreen phones while the nokia is more of a smartphone which means a better more fluid use overall. If I were you I would go for the Nokia unless your budget got a sudden boost ;) Its kind of a win win situation with the nokia
    Whatever you choose
    Good Luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I know it maybe slightly out of your budget but have a look at the LG optimus on meteor for €144.

Yes it runs the older version of android 1.6, but it is still an android phone with 3G and wifi.

Advertisement