Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fireworks??

Options
  • 28-06-2010 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

I KNOW this is a long shot but Im american and I heard there were once fireworks on the 4th of july in dun laoghaire....anyone know anything about this? thanks for any help!!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i think when the jfk was here there was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there is some sort of eddie rockets sponsored fireworks display on but im not sure of when. i only briefly heard an ad on the radio yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

they used to have them every year in dun laoghaire, but stopped a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭nachoman

That would be a sight for the 4th of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

It's too bright at this time of year for fireworks at a reasonable hour. And that is NOT a complaint about the good weather!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭nachoman

It's too bright at this time of year for fireworks at a reasonable hour. And that is NOT a complaint about the good weather!

10 ish would be suitable.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

The American Embassy in the Phoenix Park throw a huge party with fireworks, this year it's on the 3rd July. Even if you're not invited, you can see the fireworks around the property. It's pretty spectacular, music too!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Gone Fishin

Do you know what time the Fireworks are on at the American Embassy?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I want to say 10.30/11... I'll have to check!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

"Dun Laoghaire American Week - first week, US-themed jamboree with bluegrass music, a barn dance and 4th of July fireworks".

http://www.dublin.world-guides.com/events.html

No details on where or what time though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 DannyI

I read a poster yesterday re fireworks on down the pier in Dun Laoghaire tomorrow -does anyone know when they are on?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

DannyI wrote: »
    I read a poster yesterday re fireworks on down the pier in Dun Laoghaire tomorrow -does anyone know when they are on?

http://www.dlharbour.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

Its part of the ukulele hooley over the next 2 days.
    The fireworks are on the pier at 10pm tomorrow night.

http://www.ukulelehooley.com/Pages/about.html

Advertisement