Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of joining golf club in limerick?

Options
  • 28-06-2010 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hi ,New to the whole golf scene I am a student and want to well join the cheapest golf club around as my uncle is starting me off on golf clubs and golf balls. So any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

Rathbane or Limerick county out in Ballyneety are probabaly doing the best deals at the minute.

If you are a student then alot of the golf clubs will give you a good rate. Best bet is to check all the golf clubs website.

Membership is a big commitment financially. Until you really play and like the game then I would recommend just paying green fees.

You can often get good deals on www.teetimes.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

look into distance membership if you have a car

Kilrush is 150 euros for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Ballyneety are doing a good deal for 100 euro a month for 6 months, then play when you want during winter months (something like that)
    Its got good facilities and there could be big plans for there in the future.
    Im also thinking about it, so let me know whats the best offers you find :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Gazza1000

Rathbane is €200 per year for student membership, Ballyneety is €300 per year for student membership. These rates include golf for all year round (unlike the full membership in Ballyneety,which is a 6 month thing)....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Ballyneety are doing a good deal for 100 euro a month for 6 months, then play when you want during winter months (something like that)
    Its got good facilities and there could be big plans for there in the future.
    Im also thinking about it, so let me know whats the best offers you find :D

student rate is €300 I believe, and you can prob pay that monthly too. weighing up the benefits of joining versus staying on the pay as you play at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Hyndsy85

I'd stay well clear of ballyneety. They're going through some big trouble right now.

At the moment the course is not being maintained at all. It's €15 for a round of golf there but from talking to 2 people (my mate and golf Pro at nenagh golf club) it's not even worth the €15. There are weeds growing in the bunkers and the nenagh pro was saying that the greens have been destroyed and will never recover.

If you're new to golf id recomend rathbane. its €18 a round. Play it a few times and see how you like it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Hyndsy85 wrote: »
    I'd stay well clear of ballyneety. They're going through some big trouble right now.

At the moment the course is not being maintained at all. It's €15 for a round of golf there but from talking to 2 people (my mate and golf Pro at nenagh golf club) it's not even worth the €15. There are weeds growing in the bunkers and the nenagh pro was saying that the greens have been destroyed and will never recover.

If you're new to golf id recomend rathbane. its €18 a round. Play it a few times and see how you like it

A.k.a. "The Royal and Ancient" :D

p.s. It's pretty good, and the renovations and improvements are a big plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Course in Ballyneety is reasonably maintained, there is one or two bunkers that are out of commission, but plenty that are fine, and the grass is regularily cut and maintained. i've not seen any problems with the greens at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

They are trying their best... the very sunny weather seemed to have burnt them a bit but definately not unrecoverable! And I wouldnt think the Nenagh Golf Pro would like being quoted on this!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭5989

The course is in terrible condition at Ballyneety and I'd avoid giving them any money at the moment as its far from secure. Pay the 15e for a round if you want and make a decision from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Hyndsy85

They are trying their best... the very sunny weather seemed to have burnt them a bit but definately not unrecoverable! And I wouldnt think the Nenagh Golf Pro would like being quoted on this!! ;)

It was last wednesday that he said it to me and my mate when we were playing nenagh open singles. He used to be the pro at ballyneety.

It could be wrong but ive heard nothing but bad things about the place this year.

On another note i didnt think they were taking memberships anyway. Are they not operating as a pay as you play club now?

Advertisement