Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catering For A Party

• 28-06-2010 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Does anyone know who around town who does catering for a small party around 20 people and what kinda price they charging for a few sambos and maybe some hot finger food

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Mary Grimes Catering
    Molloy Catering - either one are good .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 waterford1

give john in Waterford Catering a call, PM if you want the number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Junior wrote: »
    Mary Grimes Catering
    Molloy Catering - either one are good .

Second that, Peter Molloy is very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

Molloys are excellent, they arrived out at my nieces confirmation with plates of ribs and colcannon and chicken and it was all gorgeous!

I've heard Mary Grimes is very good as well but I've never eaten any of her food at a function.

Also Lemon Tree Catering in Dunmore is meant to be good as well but I've never eaten from there I've just heard good reports

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Nuphor

Have heard good things about Tiger Catering - you can call them at 085 2068423

(Disclaimer: I'm related to the owner)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tiger-Catering/113206892043241

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

I reckon you should make the food yourself. As you said, you only want some sambos and hot finger food for 20 people. I'm not trying to take business away from anyone but you'd have that amount of food made in an hour for a fraction of the price of a caterer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

for 20 people I would do it myself like what dermo909 was saying.

I had 2 parties at Christmas and got Superquinn to cook the cocktail sausages and chicken goujons for me. I just collected the freshed cooked meat 15 minutes before people arrived and left them in the heat bags in the oven until a few guests had arrived. Few sambos, nachos and dips and your sailing!!!!.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

snuggles09 wrote: »
    Molloys are excellent, they arrived out at my nieces confirmation with plates of ribs and colcannon and chicken and it was all gorgeous!
    haha. u make it sound as if molloys were driving their van along and suddenly saw the confirmation party. and then they said to one another " lets bring food in here. yay " . ive HEARD molloys are very dear , from a good few people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Woodgate

tom thum wrote: »
    ive HEARD molloys are very dear , from a good few people
    I've heard the exact opposite, that the food is super and you get plenty of it and it's extremely good value. This is from a mate who would have no reason to spoof.

I also heard Mary Grimes is decent enough aswell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

Woodgate wrote: »
    I've heard the exact opposite, that the food is super and you get plenty of it and it's extremely good value.
    im sorry woodgate. but if you read my post again you will realise that i didnt mention the quality of the food. and also, i have nothing to do with catering either. so , therefore, i have no reason to spoof. so id appreciate if you didnt insinuate that i was. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Woodgate

tom thum wrote: »
    therefore, i have no reason to spoof. so id appreciate if you didnt insinuate that i was. thanks
    I didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭blobbyblob

does anyone cater for themselves anymore?

Advertisement