Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering from Overclockers to Ireland?

Options
  • 28-06-2010 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Can this be done? If so, what is the price of shipping?

Also, what do ebuyer charge for shipping to ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Yes you can order from overclockers.

Shipping depends on the size and weight of the product of course, but they do over-charge for delivery.

Edit: just went through my OC receipts.
    They seem to charge around £12 for delivery. They charged me 12 for delivery of a HD but they also charged me 12 for a monitor. However, I did once order the makings of a computer and it cost me something like £50 for delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭zappb

Make sure you check how much VAT they charge you; they did something weird with me last time but can't quite remember

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

zappb wrote: »
    Make sure you check how much VAT they charge you; they did something weird with me last time but can't quite remember
    They charge Irish vat on Irish customers at checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

I ordered a disk drive from them. It does turn out to be pretty pricey. There's no options for cheaper shipping so I had to choose a 2 day courier delivery. It was good service but I wouldn't have minded waiting a week for a cheaper price.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭The Omen 666

Noodleworm wrote: »
    I ordered a disk drive from them. It does turn out to be pretty pricey. There's no options for cheaper shipping so I had to choose a 2 day courier delivery. It was good service but I wouldn't have minded waiting a week for a cheaper price.

it think ordering in buld is the only cost effictive way of ordering from some Uk based online retailers, its almost prohibitive for some smaller single items etc IMOA anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Ellmo06

how long did it take to deliver?
    I ordered on Monday it should be delivered today?
    anybody have previous dealings with them.
    I ordered an overclocked bundle with hdd optical drive and psu

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I think it took them about a week to deliver to me before.

It wouldn't be my number 1 place but their bargains can be good. I found that their shipping climbs steeply if you want a few items.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I ordered a hard drive from them monday and it arrived yesterday. I ordered a full system last month and it took 2 weeks to deliver. All depends on the size of the package really. Ive always had small items arrive within 2/3 days
    I ordered an overclocked bundle with hdd optical drive and psu
    Id hazard a guess of 1 week, but could arrive tomorrow

Advertisement