Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFIE Competition

Options
  • 28-06-2010 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭

It's time to end the competition that has been running on Streetfighter.ie.

Two quality entries for the free place at Inferno 10.

It's up to you guys to decide who should get that spot.

3S Match Analysis : http://streetfighter.ie/?p=673

Beginners Guide : http://streetfighter.ie/?p=737

Who should win? 8 votes

Match Analysis
    0% 0 votes
    Beginners Guide
    100% 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Bump so everyone votes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Orim wrote: »
    Bump so everyone votes

Out of curiosity, is it a private poll yeah?

animaX wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, is it a private poll yeah?

Yeah private poll

The poll says closed. But I set it to close on the first? Is it because I already voted?

As an aside can anyone that is posting fighting game fights with Irish players please PM me their youtube channel so I can start adding them to the player matches section of SFIE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Whoops, missed the voting.

Didn't know this was a thing we did: Interesting articles = Free inferno entry?

I'll try out for that if we're doing it again.

It's somewhat redundant now, but I think generally beginner guides are more useful to a community than analysis of one specific round of one particular famous match.

In this case though, I thought the match analysis was a much better written piece, so I enjoyed reading it more.

+1 Match Analysis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

If its something that would be added to the site as a regular feature I think analysis of quality matches between locals would be pretty interesting.

Could be a nice learning tool as well, better than having the dregs of youtube commenting on how everybody sucks/is gay/etc.

Whoops, missed the voting.

Didn't know this was a thing we did: Interesting articles = Free inferno entry?

I'll try out for that if we're doing it again.

It's somewhat redundant now, but I think generally beginner guides are more useful to a community than analysis of one specific round of one particular famous match.

In this case though, I thought the match analysis was a much better written piece, so I enjoyed reading it more.

+1 Match Analysis

It's a new feature, I guess, that I ran on SFIE. It didn't really take off much, (probably much to do with the fact that I didn't put it in here) but I'll probably run it again or something similar for future Infernos.

As for the poll, it's not supposed to be closed yet so I've pm'd moddys to see what's up.

Poll is closed properly now.

Match Analysis wins the vote by the skin of it's teeth.

Article was written by Ramza and he will receive free entry to Inferno tomorrow. Gratz dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

He said last night that he wasnt gonna be coming!

Then he can use it next month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

It was 9-7 I believe as uber prinny voted when poll closed by mistake. Either way, woot! I will certainly put this to use next month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Well done, Ramza. Your article was pretty much better than mine. Thanks for voting everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Nah man, was very tight, could of went either way, your article was more relevant imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Well done, Ramza. Your article was pretty much better than mine.
    Ramza wrote: »
    Nah man, your article was more relevant imo

No, you hang up! I'm not hanging up, you hang up!! :D

Ramza wrote: »
    It was 9-7 I believe as uber prinny voted when poll closed by mistake. Either way, woot! I will certainly put this to use next month

It was reopened after he posted so I assume he got his vote in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Yeah I put my vote to the match analysis when it reopened.

Gratz Ramza, should have known it was you who wrote it, you basically parried me in 3S when I chose my character :O

Advertisement