Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning : OCD Fans only!!! *SPOILERS - All Series 5*

Options
  • 28-06-2010 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭

This is a thread for people who like to review all this series episodes again to see if there is any more hidden/missed things going on it the backround.

TLD;R

Thread for talking out hidden items/people/stuff in the background.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

1:

"People" in the Shadows;

C8GBD.jpg
    Series 5, Episode 13 - " The Big Bang "

The Tomb moves but the "shadow" stays in the same place.

IDJ5R.png

zM4g7.png

the sarcophagi seem to be unnecessarily the focus of the shot when the Aunt is looking for Amy.

IDJ5R.png

Then when Amy finds mini!Amy, it seems to have shifted to the other side of the room (unless my perspective of the room is wrong...)

yriZb.jpg

lFCOJ.png

Then after escaping the Dalek on the roof, there is half of one (though a different design) leaning against the walls under the stairs. Which is odd in itself because why would they have it lying around in a stairwell?

hQsF0.png

Finally when the Pandorica is about to be shot off into explodey-tardis, there are none left in the room at all...

-->

6kPGX.jpg
    End of Time { I know it not S5 }

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Hmm. Continuity errors, or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Stuff

Could just be related to the phone conversation The Doctor had at the end of the episode, didn't he mention something about an ancient Egyptian God on the Orient Express (through space)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

The Eye from 'The Eleventh Hour' appearing on various monitors in the TARDIS throughout the season, was that because the Alliance were checking in on the Dr, Amy et al or was it something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Also, I know Omega has relativeness in Doctor Who before the re-boot but what does it mean in the current ?

ks3ZT.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

Did anyone else think the Control "buttons" on the ship in "The Lodger" looked very like the Dalek Interface controls? and that that the Pattern burned into the ground outside Amy's house looked like it was made by a tripod? Daleks moving into TARDIS territory maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

The first one about the "people in the shadows" is quite easily explained. At one point in the last Doctor Who Confidential they showed how the Pandorica prop was operated. Two technicians stood behind the box at either side of the doors. To open the Pandorica, they slowly pulled on handles attached to the back of the doors and manually drew the doors apart. My guess is that you can see one of those guys' shadow in shot!

As for the sarcophagi moving about/disappearing... well, you may have noticed that nothing in the museum made any sense! Reality is shrinking, as the Doctor said, and all kinds of historical anomalies are taking place. One of the exhibits was about Polar Bears in Australia, another about Penguins of the Nile, and another about Pharaohs in the Himalayas. Throughout the episode, more and more of history disappears - eventually the exhibits and even little Amelia have vanished from the museum! That explains why the Pandorica's in an empty room at the end. As for the moving sarcophagus, maybe the museum's in a state of flux as history becomes smaller and smaller... or it could be a production error?

That omega on River Song's arm is very intriguing... and in light of River's chat with the Doctor after Amy's wedding, it mightn't just be a coincidence. o_o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I'm just going to leave this here.......

YWqVz.jpg

Noticed Amy wearing is this watch in The Eleventh Hour as well so guessing it is the character's watch. Just thought I'd mention it. Still don't think River is Amy though...

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

While rewatching the Weeping Angels two-parter I noticed that the omega symbol appears elsewhere. You can see it quite clearly when Amy's trying to escape from the dropship... here, have a look:

omega.jpg

As you can see, the symbol isn't exactly the same as an omega, it's a lot more polygonal and has a sort of tophat shape superimposed over it. Maybe it represents the Church Octavian's men are a part of? Probably nothing to do with Omega himself, but it's still a nice coincidence!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 tomhappens

Also, I know Omega has relativeness in Doctor Who before the re-boot but what does it mean in the current ?

Could be that River is Omega's ex wife, who went on to marry The Other after Omega was "killed" The other is said to have thrown himself into the loom, which they used to create time lords(after Pythia cursed Gallifrey with sterility) The Doctor is hinted at being constructed from The Others dna.

The whoniverse is fairly huge at this stage :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭xxmeabhxx

I think all the sarcophagi could be a hint telling us that Sutekh is coming back. http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Sutekh He wanted to destroy the universe and was immensely powerful so I think he could be behind the tardis exploding. He was capable of mind control and even had some power over the doctor in "Pyramids of Mars". He's an Osirian and osirian culture was very similar to that of ancient Egypt and they used sarcophagi, canopic jars and mummies to disguise their technology which would explain all the sarcophagi in the museum. Osirians used lodestones to time travel, these were like doorways into a time tunnel which took on the appearance of a sarcophagus when deactivated. However if you use this to travel back one year you will age a year, the time travelling isn't instantaneous but Osirians live for so long this wasn't a problem. Sutekh was trapped by the doctor in a time tunnel for thousands of years which is longer than an Osirian's lifespan but maybe this tunnel eventually lead him to a lodestone and that's how he escaped. Once free he could find a way to blow up the tardis causing the cracks and use his power of mind control and telepathy to bring all of the doctor's enemies together in the form of the alliance. Sutekh was trapped by the doctor in the year 1911 so he could of travelled back in time in the time tunnel which would explain why the Pandorica and stonehenge are so old. He escaped and put his plan into action thousands of years B.C. That's my theory anyway, I haven't watched any classic who, I've just been reading up on it so I don't know how probable this all is.

Advertisement