Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

discount on Mac laptop for Design students?!

Options
  • 28-06-2010 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

I was at an open morning thing today in DIT and the lecturer kept saying DIT students (specifically Visual Communication students) get a significant discount on Mac laptops....that you get your DIT student card and then you are able to get a discount on something? was just wondering how much is this 'significant discount' does anyone know!?:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

_Chaos wrote: »
    I was at an open morning thing today in DIT and the lecturer kept saying DIT students (specifically Visual Communication students) get a significant discount on Mac laptops....that you get your DIT student card and then you are able to get a discount on something? was just wondering how much is this 'significant discount' does anyone know!?:D

Just build a Hackintosh/Win box, or get a prebuilt Win/Linux box ffs. Never, EVER buy stuff from student "discount" sources. They throw in useless **** like "AntiVirus" packages and "Windows 7, 200 euro edition". Much better machines can be found elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cormy

OP, to answer your question....

The discount in-store (in my recent experience) - for example the Apple store at the Trinity end of Grafton St. - is 6% off Mac laptops (i.e. Macbook / Macbook Pro etc). If you use the following link however, the discount on the same items (from the Apple Online store), is 10% off the RRP. I asked in the Apple store on Grafton St. if they would honour the 10% discount at this URL.... they wouldn't!:

http://store.apple.com/ie_aoc_121513

This link is found on the following DIT page:

http://www.dit.ie/campuslife/studentsupport/studentlaptopscheme/#d.en.10158

Advertisement