Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's going on in Lucan? [MOD NOTE POST #27]

Options
  • 28-06-2010 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭

Hey everybody,
    what the hell is going on in Lucan, there's helicopters around and a load of sirens. Anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

I don't hear anything, where abouts in Lucan, near the village?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Whoops, meant near Eurospar, Foxborough area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭cantgetright

think something serious over at neilstown, think there was shootings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Dotsyx

Yeah apparently 2 or 3 shot. Came on here looking for more info...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I heard the police too :eek:

• Advertisement

Dotsyx wrote: »
    Yeah apparently 2 or 3 shot. Came on here looking for more info...

It hasn't hit the headlines anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

thought mite be smething on 9 news, helicopter still floating around, as previous poster said, think couple of ppl shot

theres bit bout it on rte website now

www.rte.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cmf22

Yeah there was 2 shot in a car not far from Ronanstown garda station

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Two people shot dead at corner of Neilstown Road/Old Lucan Road. Third shot three times as he escaped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

its on 9pm news now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Yep, it was in Neilstown, only happened a few minutes down the road from myself. Didn't hear shots as I was watching the match (vuvuzelas :pac:) but apparently things were pretty busy out there afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Oh god I was driving by there at about 7.55! First a hostage escapes from a car boot down the road from my gaff and now this? Proud week for neilstown...

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

phasers wrote: »
    Oh god I was driving by there at about 7.55! First a hostage escapes from a car boot down the road from my gaff and now this? Proud week for neilstown...

Would have been a little after 8, from what I've heard. Close call for ya :P Nothing like living in Neilstown, tbh :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

If the rumours I'm hearing here and elsewhere are true, I think I know the child involved - if it is true there is a child involved at all!

I really hope it is not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

People are insane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

questioner wrote: »
    on the times now

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0628/breaking70.html

who are the corbly brothers? any links to news stories etc?

Google returns this - but wouldn't be so sure of the reliability:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5jOxXKVx00SQsfdyju_sRRufpAcrA

Google the name and area and you get a few past news articles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭questioner

• Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Let's legalise all drugs

Addicts would not have to steal / rob anymore to get what they need

Scumbags would not have to kill each other to control this lucrative business

Win-win for everybody except the scumbags who would be out of money

/Sorry for rant...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Demonon

Its like Boyz In Da Hood

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

questioner wrote: »

older one was arrested for posession of a smg ten years ago

http://archives.tcm.ie/irishexaminer/1999/06/10/ihead.htm

thats patrick corbally,he was 44 in 1999,could be the dad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Yeah most like the father. Great. I hope they died screaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

glad i live in cork,dublins a sh!thole
    this country is going to the dogs.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Right I've deleted a couple of posts that could have caused legal problems for boards.ie. Please refrain from any speculation.

Remember that real people died here, they may have had previous criminal histories or been suspected fo various crimes but they also had families who will miss them regardless of what they have or haven't done in their lives.

Also this thread is not the place to air your bigoted views on Dublin.

I will be watching the thread closely because this is now an ongoing murder investigation and anything said in this thread could prejudice that investigation should it ever reach court. Any further speculation on who killed who or who did what will result in a thread-lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 brady2009

I actualy think that some people on this forum should be ashamed of themselves the way they are talking. What if one of there relatives seen some of these posts, innocent relatives that have nothing to do with crime, no matter what the public think of these people they still have family that are only human aswel. Think before you speak vulgar words, im not sticking up for these people and what they have done in the past in any way,.

There is something bugging me that another fellow poster asked o another thread a few days ago, never heard of these people up until this week but ive google there backround and previous news articles and found some interesting stories there one down below... is this all the one family or fued?

http://findarticles.com/p/news-articles/mail-on-sunday-london-england-the/mi_8003/is_2010_March_21/claudines-father-helped-crack-mystery/ai_n52663305/

Seems like another shooting in finglas related to this corbally fued according to the papers... is this going to be another crumlin fued??? jesus that has only just died down and now this....... although it seems the gunmen are getting cockier... they are shooting people in work now????!! wtf! something needs to be done BIG TIME!

brady2009 wrote: »
    I actualy think that some people on this forum should be ashamed of themselves the way they are talking. What if one of there relatives seen some of these posts, innocent relatives that have nothing to do with crime, no matter what the public think of these people they still have family that are only human aswel. Think before you speak vulgar words, im not sticking up for these people and what they have done in the past in any way,.

The family whether involved or not know what these guys are like so can't be too surprised. Very few people are going to have any sympathy seeing these people being wiped out. I'd say the family would not expect sympathy from the general public either when the person killed has been involved in these things

• Advertisement

colly10 wrote: »
    The family whether involved or not know what these guys are like so can't be too surprised. Very few people are going to have any sympathy seeing these people being wiped out. I'd say the family would not expect sympathy from the general public either when the person killed has been involved in these things

Thats a valid point, and i agree with you but some comments are uncalled for tbh... im not defending there crimes at all. I am just saying some people go over the top with there comments.

Advertisement