Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's going on in Lucan? [MOD NOTE POST #27]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

colly10 wrote: »
    The family whether involved or not know what these guys are like so can't be too surprised. Very few people are going to have any sympathy seeing these people being wiped out. I'd say the family would not expect sympathy from the general public either when the person killed has been involved in these things

Well you see I have personal experience of this. My own cousin was shot dead in 2005 as one of the victims of Dublin's 'gangland slayings'. I know the kind of life he lived and I know he 'deserved' it and 'had it coming' but you see I also know the life he had and how he was dragged up. He didn't have a chance at life. However, while his own family were ashamed of what he had done in his life and weren't surprised by what happened to him, it still hurt and the salacious comments from the meeja journos hurt too. It sometimes helps to remember that the families of these people may actually be ordinary, decent people with no connections to the gangs and who do feel saddened when a close relative is killed because it often means a miserable end to a miserable life :(

So what's changed today as a result of all these scumbags killing one another? Has the drugs trade been stifled? Have the gangs wiped each othe out? No. Nothing has changed, Same goings on, different faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 brady2009

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Well you see I have personal experience of this. My own cousin was shot dead in 2005 as one of the victims of Dublin's 'gangland slayings'. I know the kind of life he lived and I know he 'deserved' it and 'had it coming' but you see I also know the life he had and how he was dragged up. He didn't have a chance at life. However, while his own family were ashamed of what he had done in his life and weren't surprised by what happened to him, it still hurt and the salacious comments from the meeja journos hurt too. It sometimes helps to remember that the families of these people may actually be ordinary, decent people with no connections to the gangs and who do feel saddened when a close relative is killed because it often means a miserable end to a miserable life :(

So what's changed today as a result of all these scumbags killing one another? Has the drugs trade been stifled? Have the gangs wiped each othe out? No. Nothing has changed, Same goings on, different faces.

Well said, Ireland will never get better with crime it will always get worse, i dont listen to the Gardai any more. Every time there is a murder they come out and say this and that and do F all about it. Years ago gangland never affected the people, they were shot in tehre cars ect now there shooting people on front of kids, shooting people with beside there own kids and taking out drug money owed on the innocent familys. What we have now is ruthless criminals and whats to come next is a youth of even more ruthless criminals.

As for the criminals themselves being slated online ect, i understand its peoples way of expressing there angre and rightly so but people should think of relatives feelings, you should always remember relatives would see there sons/nephews ect in a different light than what others saw them after all they were there family. Ballyfermot and clondalkin was so quiet the past few years and settled, now its been unsettled by a new big feud erupting.

Advertisement