Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Build

Options
  • 28-06-2010 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

After years of using a pc I decided to build one for myself, I decided to make a beast so for starters my list is as follows:

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T / 2.8 GHz 6 core
    12GB G.Skill DDR3 PC3-10666 (1333MHz)
    2x 500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue 3.5" SATA(might change)
    Cooler Master HAF 932
    Corsair Hydro Series H50
    Graphics havent decided yet.
    OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

My question is im having problems finding a suitable motorboard for the chip as alot of them say it supports up to AMD x4 any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

jonon9 wrote: »
    After years of using a pc I decided to build one for myself, I decided to make a beast so for starters my list is as follows:

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T / 2.8 GHz 6 core
    12GB G.Skill DDR3 PC3-10666 (1333MHz)
    2x 500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue 3.5" SATA(might change)
    Cooler Master HAF 932
    Corsair Hydro Series H50
    Graphics havent decided yet.
    OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

My question is im having problems finding a suitable motorboard for the chip as alot of them say it supports up to AMD x4 any recommendations?

I personally have the GA-890GPA-UD3h and it's a great board, which according to Gigabyte's site, supports the X6 CPU's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

I was looking at komplett and they dont seem to stock the GA-890GPA-UD3h do you know of anywhere that sells them

Advertisement