Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HELP PLEASE updated my iPhone 3Gs and it's crashed

• 28-06-2010 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

At least I think it's crashed basically on my iTunes there's no info on my iPhone, there's an iTunes logo with and arrow and USB cable underneath on the screen, can't get it to do anything else.

Please help, Apple support not on the phone until 8am.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Exactly same happened me. I took my phone to 02 store and they restored it and uploaded iOS 4 for me. Screen had been showing connect to iTunes thing and my pc would not recognize it.
    Once 02 shop restored to factory settings abs installed new software I took it home and used back to get all my contacts etc back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

tullie wrote: »
    At least I think it's crashed basically on my iTunes there's no info on my iPhone, there's an iTunes logo with and arrow and USB cable underneath on the screen, can't get it to do anything else.

Please help, Apple support not on the phone until 8am.

its in recovery mode.this video will show you how to exit recovery mode.Hope it helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POAiBmBt7U8&feature=youtube_gdata

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭tullie

No Joy I'm afraid, Apple tell me I need a replacement phone, so off to the shops hopefully they'll have a loner to give me. Thanks for the help though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

If they have a loaner, it will be the most basic nokia the world has ever seen!
    Hopefully you are dealing with apple directly, much quicker then.

Well, tbh honest Apple were a nightmare, I was really surprised never had any problems in the past, so they are sending out a replacement via UPS so hopefully will have it by friday.

And yes you're right the nokia is incredibly basic can't even check my emails, but sure it has snake so I can relive my teenage years.

Just hope the phone back up and all that worked so all i have to do is plug it in and go, but I've a feeling I'll have to set up the emails all over again and what not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

tullie wrote: »
    Well, tbh honest Apple were a nightmare, I was really surprised never had any problems in the past, so they are sending out a replacement via UPS so hopefully will have it by friday.

And yes you're right the nokia is incredibly basic can't even check my emails, but sure it has snake so I can relive my teenage years.

Just hope the phone back up and all that worked so all i have to do is plug it in and go, but I've a feeling I'll have to set up the emails all over again and what not.

If itunes did the backup, you should not have a problem with the mails. It just restores all the files back to your new replacement iphone.
    As for delivery time, previously I had sent off my phone to apple, picked up on the tuesday, had it back on the thursday or friday.
    Hard to fault that for turn around time!
    You will be sent a smaller iphone box, with iphone, little cloth and sim replacement tool.
    Its horrible to be iphoneless isnt it?!

phill106 wrote: »
    If itunes did the backup, you should not have a problem with the mails. It just restores all the files back to your new replacement iphone.
    As for delivery time, previously I had sent off my phone to apple, picked up on the tuesday, had it back on the thursday or friday.
    Hard to fault that for turn around time!
    You will be sent a smaller iphone box, with iphone, little cloth and sim replacement tool.
    Its horrible to be iphoneless isnt it?!

Pathetic but yes, it feels so inefficient to have to turn on the laptop to check the emails first thing.

I'm told I'm getting a brand new phone, cos apparently they don't repair cos its costs more than simply replacing the phone.

This all started when I attempted to do the update, will I have to do that again or should I bother?

Advertisement