Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new phone advice

Options
  • 28-06-2010 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

buying a new phone for the mother!

she has a nokia 6131 at the moment and she loves it. the only reason it's being replaced is because it's (litterally) falling apart. i'm hoping to keep her with the nokia's too which no doubt limits me to only one or two phones (probably just the one i mention below).

she's on meteor prepay at the moment and i really wanna keep her on meteor to avoid any confusion with topups etc. she's happy with the plan and offers and what not she has at the moment.

price range we're looking for here is "cheap & cheerful".

i'm looking at the nokia 2720 at the moment (detail here). the phone itself is lower spec than the nokia 6131 (no memory card and only dual band being the main ones that i notice).

this looks like it'll do the job at €59.99.

anyone got any other suggestions or something i'm missing?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

anyone got any other suggestions or something i'm missing?

http://cgi.ebay.ie/120587465594

try to fix hers with something like this?

does she definitely want a flip phone again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

her's won't be fixed. i've had to snap the phone back together a few times after being dropped, kicked, lost, forgotten, soaked, etc. the phone has stood the test of time well but needs to retire peacefully now :)

there's nothing about a flip phone again but she likes it so i think it's best to stick with. she had a nokia 6030 previously and when she got the 6131 she was in mobile happy land with it (and she doesn't use most of the fancy features).

all she really does is call / text / mms.

i should add i'm also open to buying sim free or buying on another network if it's a free unlock (most aren't now though?) if the price is right. gotta keep it in the €0-€80ish range i reckon.

i'm not leaving much room for options here am i?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Nokia 2330 from here at a bargain price sim free> http://www.maxroam.com/Shop/Product/Detail.aspx?ProductId=346

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

thanks for the feedback guys :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

what about the nokia 6700 slide

bought the original one i was thinking about earlier. the screen is much poorer quality that the 6131 but didn't expect anything overly fantastic.

so far she's happy and that's what matters i guess!

Advertisement