Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Economics Degree

• 28-06-2010 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hey, could I just have peoples opinions on which degree would be better thought of and have more career opportunities - Economics and Maths in TCD or Economics and Finance in UCD. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Economics and Maths in TCD.

Another vote for Economics and Maths in TCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mustangj

Would e+m be better than e+f for getting into investment banking in a major city like London? Better rep? Also what are points like for e+m?
    UCD looks cooler (been there a couple of times) but I like the look of trinity as well. (Eh, don't judge me, but is there anyway snobbery towards lads up from the country?:))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭Slippers 2

mustangj wrote: »
    Also what are points like for e+m?

In 2009:
    Economics and Maths in TCD was 485
    Economics and Finance in UCD was 480
    Economics and Maths in UCD (Arts) was 360

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mustangj

Thanks Slippers 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

mustangj wrote: »
    Would e+m be better than e+f for getting into investment banking in a major city like London? Better rep?

Once you do something quantitative like maths or economics, in one of UCD or Trinity, and you get straight A's, and you're an obnoxious asshole, you're in with a reasonable chance of ending up in investment banking in London.

Advertisement