Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plasterboard Disposal?

• 28-06-2010 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Hi,

I've about the area of 15 sheets of plasterboard to get rid of. It was from old ceiling and walls so there is skim and plaster attached to it etc etc.

I noticed on the last skip leaflet, they said they didn't accept plasterboard or had an extra charge for it, although, when asked, they didn't know the charge!

So whats the normal way to dispose of such material? or do they really charge?

I've about out the amount of a standard skip full of rubble heading into the next skip..

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

kodak wrote: »
    Hi,

I've about the area of 15 sheets of plasterboard to get rid of. It was from old ceiling and walls so there is skim and plaster attached to it etc etc.

I noticed on the last skip leaflet, they said they didn't accept plasterboard or had an extra charge for it, although, when asked, they didn't know the charge!

So whats the normal way to dispose of such material? or do they really charge?

I've about out the amount of a standard skip full of rubble heading into the next skip..

Thanks
    call thortons. when building it was cheaper to have a plasterboard skip.

they re use it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

check with your local landfill/recycle centre, as plasterboard is highly recycleable and they may have a skip for it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,179 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Ballymount have a plasterboard skip, but you will be charged based on the vehicle type.

Advertisement