Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cancelling health insurance

Options
  • 28-06-2010 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

if i've paid for my annual health insurance in advance and 10 months down the line i change over to another provider does the original company give me the 2 months back???
    getting married next year and will be covered by the missus' work so trying to sort it out now!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Short answer is yes. But with Aviva, you don't get a refund if you've made a in-patient or day-case claim (which is fair enough in my opinion).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 harrye

VHI are the same when I changed last year, I had a small day case procedure done. My job had paid for cover in advance and when the company changed insurer they got money back only for those who had no claims. They initially said because it was group plan that if there was one claim there would no claim for the whole plan.

Advertisement