Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

roy keane breaks his silence

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

No bullsh1t with Roy, says it like it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

He's spot on, the mad bastard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

baz2009 wrote: »
    ----Bill----
    Keano-Giles-Dunphy

Great formation for Euro 2012.
    Had to move Gilesy out of position to try and keep the peace between Keano and Dunphy.:P

Can You imagine....

Bill, Gilesy, Eamon, Brady AND KEANO!! There would be absolute war!

Would make for fantastic tv though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Degag wrote: »
    Can You imagine....

Bill, Gilesy, Eamon, Brady AND KEANO!! There would be absolute war!

Would make for fantastic tv though!

I think Giles, Brady and Eamon would end up walking out :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

OPENROAD wrote: »
    I think Giles, Brady and Eamon would end up walking out :p

Nah, they're tougher than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Degag wrote: »
    Nah, they're tougher than that!

They have never faced Roy, can you imagine if they disagreed on something it would be brilliant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Actually I'm making a substitution from my starting line-up, Giles out and Souness in, that would be an epic war.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

papagormo wrote: »
    lampard had a good season.

Lampard has never played well at international level so I suppose Roy just took it as a given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,521 ✭✭✭✭noodler

baz2009 wrote: »
    Actually I'm making a substitution from my starting line-up, Giles out and Souness in, that would be an epic war.

The whole thing falls apart withou tthe old Jedi master Giles.

Although he has been a bit testy lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭Greyfox

God has spoken!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,082 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

OPENROAD wrote: »
    He was spot on also with regards the reaction to the Thierry handball incident and to the journo who let his phone ring at the press conference.

He was wrong to blame Given for being at fault for that. It was clearly McShane's fault. Anyway I'm sure there's a thread about this incident somewhere:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,840 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

bonkers wrote: »

Ah damn I should have posted this in a separate thread, my linking to this got zero recognition :D The oul thanks would have been flying my way! I thought we had enough threads on the English though.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66638647#post66638647

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

he said capello is a great manager then criticizes the players he picked. though everything else was spot on. Its always nice to see journalists taken to task.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Greyfox wrote: »
    God has spoken!

I didnt hear Dunphy ? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Crouch had a good season when he played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Crouch had a good season when he played.

But how many minutes did he play in the 4 games though? Certainly a lot less than Heskey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

He is a (questionable) manager now so obviously he will come out in support of the manager.

If he criticises the manager and blames him for the poor performances the Ipswich board might actually notice what is the major problem in their set up and sack him before he has the chance to run away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

wow, he never shuts up. I really could not have any less interest in whatever that jackass has to say. Incredibaly antisocial tone too everything he does and says whether he is letting his country down, or breaking peoples legs or talking ****e, he has no shame. Fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

MUSEIST wrote: »
    wow, he never shuts up. I really could not have any less interest in whatever that jackass has to say. Incredibaly antisocial tone too everything he does and says whether he is letting his country down, or breaking peoples legs or talking ****e, he has no shame. Fair play.

He was asked a question, what did you expect him to do?
    You say you have no interest in what he says, then why did you bother coming into this thread?
    He spoke the truth there, and it's about time someone did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Well you must have some interest if you had to post about it.

Keano spoke the truth about the England team in fairness. Capello has a better record than any manager in English history as far as wins go and I'm talking about in the England job. He also happens to be one of the greatest coaches of all time.

And its always the manager that gets the blame for England's failures because the media build their players up for four years and then they fall flat on their faces when they don't perform at a World Cup, so rather than backtrack and say they were wrong to laud these players they just go and blame the coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well you must have some interest if you had to post about it.

Keano spoke the truth about the England team in fairness. Capello has a better record than any manager in English history as far as wins go and I'm talking about in the England job. He also happens to be one of the greatest coaches of all time.

And its always the manager that gets the blame for England's failures because the media build their players up for four years and then they fall flat on their faces when they don't perform at a World Cup, so rather than backtrack and say they were wrong to laud these players they just go and blame the coach.

Who picks the team? Obviously it can't be Capello because then such a world class manager surely wouldn't have selected so many players who Keane has said had poo or average seasons. When was the last time a team won a major competition either internationally or at club level without picking a defensive midfielder? How many great games has Gerrard put in on the left wing in his career? Emile Heskey? l-o****ing-l. Anyone thinks Capello is talking ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Who picks the team? Obviously it can't be Capello because then such a world class manager surely wouldn't have selected so many players who Keane has said had poo or average seasons. When was the last time a team won a major competition either internationally or at club level without picking a defensive midfielder? How many great games has Gerrard put in on the left wing in his career? Emile Heskey? l-o****ing-l. Anyone thinks Capello is talking ****e.
    Name a top English defensive midfielder who had a very good season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

I love Roy Keane. One of my fav. players ever.

But he's always negative. Not saying he's not right, but would be nice to hear him being positive now and then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Scott Parker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

He might be as mad as a bag of cats but hes right in what he said. He pulls no punches becasue he doesnt mind what the FA or anybody thinks of him.

Lets put it in to perspective, if they had asked lets say Steve Bruce, an English man and a guy who might one day like to manage the National team, he would have pulled his punches and not said much on the matter or avoided a few questions, but becasue Keane has no attachment to the FA and a possible England coaching job he spoke his mind.

In fairness anytime anybody asks him a question hes is as truthful as he can be, and this might rub people up the wrong way but his honesty is what makes him IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Scott Parker

I would not rate it as a "very good season". He was decent in a struggling side, not much else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

I would not rate it as a "very good season". He was decent in a struggling side, not much else.

interesting comment "decent in a struggling side"

most of the rest of the english players were struggling in great sides.

Scott Parker was the sole reason west ham stayed up, dont forget he was injured when they hit that slump around january for 8 games that dragged them into the relegation scrap, then came back and dragged them to safety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

A very good season like Gerrard had? Or Emile Heskey? Even then a defensive midfielder who's had a good to average season is far better then no at all or sticking an attacking midfielder who had a shocking season in a CM like he tried in the first game, then throws him on the left wing for good knows what reason. Parker has mentioned should have went. What was the plan if Barry got injured? It was a shambles by Capello.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

huddlestone didn't have a terrible year either in fairness, i dunno how much of that has to do with palacios playing with him but still, much better than barry

• Advertisement
Advertisement