Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indesit washing machine-only 1 water connection pipe??

• 28-06-2010 9:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

Is this usual?

Integrated Indesit washing machine with only 1 water connection on the back?

My free standing machine has the usual 2 connections.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭ruffmut

All washing machines have only one water connection now. This must be connected to the cold water feed as ths machine heats the water.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

ruffmut wrote: »
    All washing machines have only one water connection now. This must be connected to the cold water feed as ths machine heats the water.

As the saying goes..............You learn something new every day.

Thanks for that.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

One connection is fine... Cold usually. But i dont think all washing machines only have one connection bit is correct.

On indesit...These are made by hotpoint and my experience of these has been nothing but bad,

Google the model number and you pick up problems as they occur possibly preventing them on yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

One connection is fine... Cold usually. But i dont think all washing machines only have one connection bit is correct.

On indesit...These are made by hotpoint and my experience of these has been nothing but bad,

Google the model number and you pick up problems as they occur possibly preventing them on yours.

I believe anything A rated will have one connection. It only heats the water it needs then. Be carefull overdosing machines with cheap powder, the new machines use less water, therefore need less powder. follow the instructions!

I simply asked about having only 1 water connection pipe.

Now I know.

Thanks.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

paddy147 wrote: »
    I simply asked about having only 1 water connection pipe.

Now I know.

Thanks.:)

My apologies paddy. I was just helping that little bit. but sincerly I apologize

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭backboiler

tred wrote: »
    I believe anything A rated will have one connection. It only heats the water it needs then.

I'm not doubting you at all.
    I'm wondering though, wouldn't the appliance use even less energy if it had a hot water connection, since it wouldn't have to heat it as much?

My apologies paddy. I was just helping that little bit. but sincerly I apologize

Take no notice of me.I was in a grumpy humor earlier on due to something else.:(

Thanks for the advice and thoughts though.:)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

backboiler wrote: »
    I'm not doubting you at all.
    I'm wondering though, wouldn't the appliance use even less energy if it had a hot water connection, since it wouldn't have to heat it as much?
    This might shed some light, taken from UKWhiteGoods.co.uk
    Hot Fill
    This one annoys us as we have to explain it so often to people but I will try to explain why it is a waste of time for the vast majority of people as simply as possible.

Machines with hot fill will ONLY fill with hot water on a boil wash using the first fill after pre-wash normally. *NO* machine sold in the UK or anywhere else that we are aware of has a smart or mixed fill, it simply does not exist and if a salesperson tells you otherwise then they are misinformed.

Most homes have hot water storage tanks or instant hot water from a boiler that can do that in the UK.

There is a load of pipework filled with cold water between the storage tank or boiler and the washing machine and, with low water level modern machines, it is all too often the case that all you will do is fill the machine with the cold water that is lying in that pipework.

You will fill the pipes with the hot water and heat in the machine anyway. Then consider that the detergents that you use will be designed to work on a temperature curve, not with instant hot water and you will lose some of the cleaning power of these.

Do this on a dishwasher using hard tablets and you are asking for poor results, soap residues and poor dissolution of the tablets.

In other words, for all but the very few (and manufacturers don’t make machines for the very few) that have solar heated water or suchlike, hot fill is a total waste of time and money. In short, cold fill only is better for the vast majority of people.

Source: http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=320

Advertisement