Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Exams

Options
  • 28-06-2010 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭

HI Peeps,

I have been accepted for UL, Undergrad course starting in Sept... I booked a holiday back last January for a few nights in NY shopping with some friends from the 2nd to 7th December 2010, Does anyone know if the Christmas exams would clash with my travel plans ?? Course is LM068 Food and health Science.

Many Thanks
    Agent

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Agent_99 wrote: »
    HI Peeps,

I have been accepted for UL, Undergrad course starting in Sept... I booked a holiday back last January for a few nights in NY shopping with some friends from the 2nd to 7th December 2010, Does anyone know if the Christmas exams would clash with my travel plans ?? Course is LM068 Food and health Science.

Many Thanks
    Agent

Its going to be very close to the exam weeks...see the academic calendar here: http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Services/Academic_Calendar/2010_-_11_Academic_Calendar

After week 12 which ends on 26th November, there is a study week, and exams will start Monday 6th December by my reckoning...so unless your exams are scheduled from the 7th onwards, you may miss one or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

I'd say it'll be very touch and go; from my experience they tend to want to get the first years out of there after 1 week of exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

My class shares a lot of modules with the Foodies, you'll def have exams on the monday or tuesday because you're gonna be in some pretty big classes (300+) and they try and get the biggest classes outta the way first.

I'd defo try and move the holiday.

Advertisement