Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Operation Flashpoint

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Dean. wrote: »
    Did you ever say "I want a game that's so realistic" this is TOO realistic i can't stand this game it's too close to reality :mad:

This game isn't in any shape realistic, even arcade shooters like BF:BC2 have better ballistic physics, you should try ARMA2 or the original OPF if you want to see what a proper sim is like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I can sum this game up in a few lines..

Me to Squad "Right lads , head up along the ridge as there's two squads of bad guys , one on each side.."
    Squad then proceed to run out into the open directly towards the enemy and get shot.

Mission Failed.
    Game Failed.
    Pure POO !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

I can sum this game up in a few lines..

Me to Squad "Right lads , head up along the ridge as there's two squads of bad guys , one on each side.."
    Squad then proceed to run out into the open directly towards the enemy and get shot.

Mission Failed.
    Game Failed.
    Pure POO !

Can do better can sum it up in one word

CRAP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I was considering picking this up, reading mixed reviews about it though.
    What does anyone who's played it think of it?

So are you still going to pick this game up now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

CKWPORT wrote: »

I'd be glad to give it away if someone covered the postage costs!!! ;)

• Advertisement

You aren't fooling anyone, you have 3 more copies of it sitting there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

please tell me more about this free tea coster you have to offer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

You've just given me an idea. Everybody send their copy of this tripe to me. Tell your friends to do the same, post it on other gaming forums. I'm pretty sure we could get a couple of thousand copies together. I'll get them boxed up in a big ass crate and ship them all back to Codemaster with a strongly worded letter:mad:. I could let IGN, Joystiq etc know what we are doing get a bit of publicity going. Not really sure what we could acheive, probably nothing but could be fun to see our (and by our, i mean my) picture on a couple of gaming sites.

Disclaimer: I will not be paying for postage.

ps. Yah! 500 posts!!!!!

And another thing. Who are these people that are voting go for it in the poll?

Make yourself known so i can slap you with my big slapping stick.

You aren't fooling anyone, you have 3 more copies of it sitting there!

I gave those three copies out to my mates and insisted that they keep them :D One of them managed to trade in back in within a few weeks of launch. The rest of us decided to hold on to them because Codemasters were promising all sorts of patches/updates and add-ons... oh the lies....

Thought it would be a bit like Far Cry 2, broken single player but with great multiplayer potential, if patched correctly. Unlike Dragon Rising, FC2 got perfectly patched and became my favourite FPS multiplayer for over a year.

You could play a different set of maps every night, due to the map creator. There's thousands of maps now!!! Yeah, I know the controls are clunky but it was immensely enjoyable to play. Had a regular bunch that loved it too, probably added to the enjoyment. Most of them are still regularly playing it still.

I digress... where was I.... Oh yeah... Codemaster's suck!!!

• Advertisement

I gave those three copies out to my mates and insisted that they keep them :D One of them managed to trade in back in within a few weeks of launch. The rest of us decided to hold on to them because Codemasters were promising all sorts of patches/updates and add-ons... oh the lies....

Thought it would be a bit like Far Cry 2, broken single player but with great multiplayer potential, if patched correctly. Unlike Dragon Rising, FC2 got perfectly patched and became my favourite FPS multiplayer for over a year.

You could play a different set of maps every night, due to the map creator. There's thousands of maps now!!! Yeah, I know the controls are clunky but it was immensely enjoyable to play. Had a regular bunch that loved it too, probably added to the enjoyment. Most of them are still regularly playing it still.

I digress... where was I.... Oh yeah... Codemaster's suck!!!

Hmm that's interesting what you say about FC2. Don't think i ever even tried MP. Think I'll dig it out tonight and give it a lash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

No, in fact, if all goes well I'm gonna trade the xbox in for a ps3 this weekend.

No, in fact, if all goes well I'm gonna trade the xbox in for a ps3 this weekend.

Now boards needs a "Thumbs Down" Button! :p

Are you crazy??? Just wait a couple of weeks and upgrade it to the new "Xbox 360 S"... built in WiFi, 250gig HD and you can still play your existing games... Probably only cost you €100 or so to upgrade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Why? I'm sick of all the games on the xbox right now and nothing coming out this year has caught my attention.

On the other hand, GT5 is out soon for PS3 and there seems to be some excellant exclusives available right now.

If I get sick of it, I'll just trade it back for the new 360!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

I gave those three copies out to my mates and insisted that they keep them

Mates? Id hate to see what you would give to someone you didn't like!:D

cycocycle wrote: »
    Mates? Id hate to see what you would give to someone you didn't like!:D

They all get copies of Turok and Fight Club dropped through their letterboxes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

weiland79 wrote: »
    You've just given me an idea. Everybody send their copy of this tripe to me. Tell your friends to do the same, post it on other gaming forums. I'm pretty sure we could get a couple of thousand copies together. I'll get them boxed up in a big ass crate and ship them all back to Codemaster with a strongly worded letter:mad:. I could let IGN, Joystiq etc know what we are doing get a bit of publicity going. Not really sure what we could acheive, probably nothing but could be fun to see our (and by our, i mean my) picture on a couple of gaming sites.

You should just bury them in a desert

Benzino wrote: »
    You should just bury them in a desert

Desert?!?!?! I know where I'd like to bury it... CEO of Codemaster's throat!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

cycocylce spent about half a year on about this game coming out.
    how it was the best thing of all time. gonna be better than god of war.
    i was still there playing mw1 and he givin out to me that theres a brill game sittin dere. next day the "brilliant game" was traded in

• Advertisement
Advertisement