Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

extension prices

Options
  • 28-06-2010 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

hi,
    I am considering extending my house. it is a bungalow and i am planning to knock the gable end wall and extend out by 8 foot. the house is 24 foot deep. the extension would make by kitchen and sitting room both 8 foot by 12 foot bigger. one new window would be added to each room. the chimney will not need to be moved but the sink will be moved. any ideas on prices please? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭rayjdav

Rumpy,
    From the description, it would appear,., without seeing plans etc that this WILL require planning permission.:o Especially if you intend altering the front elevation of the house... Once again, it depends on which LA you are in. A visit to them prior to going any further will resolve this. If good news, get it in writing. It may cost €80 for the declaration but, in the long run, it could save a lot of hassle.
    Re price, best thing in this day and age is to get your ideas on paper and get 3No. quotes for the works, all speced to your intentions. How long is a piece of string, and I'm not being smart with that comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mark_T

You can build up to 40msq without planning and build no higher than the highest point of the existing house for an extension,

however if the front elevation is altered you may will need to show how the extension will impact its surrounding. (ie: from the road)

Mark_T wrote: »
    however if the front elevation is altered you may will need to show how the extension will impact its surrounding. (ie: from the road)

This would mean planning application, no??;)

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You might want to look at the exemptions again rayjdav ;)

You are thinking of a garage/shed.

I hold my hands up there Muffler:o:o:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Dont worry, I've done it before myself and Im sure I'll do it again :)

Advertisement