Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist issue

Options
  • 28-06-2010 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

During a routine check up / scale & polish last week the dentist accidentally knocked out an existing filling. He gave me a temporary filling at the time, and I have to go back next week for a permanent one. I'm just wondering if I should have to pay for the filling, seeing as he knocked it out? I realise there probably must have been some weakness in the filling if it was knocked out so easily, but at the same time I don't think it would've come out without the dentists intervention. I hate confrontation and am not a "something for nothing" type of person, but don't want to be ripped off either if I shouldn't have to pay....any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

My personal opinion is that if a filling was so loose that a few prods with a probe and a polisher knocked it out it must have been ready to drop out anytime soon. The fact the dentist actually knocked it out probably saved you many painful hours waiting for an appointment to get the cavity plugged again. I really do doubt the dentist caused the filling to be loose in the first place therefore I don't think it's reasonable he should repair it for free or even for discount. No harm in asking though, if you don't ask you won't receive.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭midgej

Thanks slimjimmc

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭midgej

Meant to come back to say how this ended up - I had decided not to ask for a reduction or anything ( I'm hopeless like that!). He just asked me for EUR25 instead of the EUR75 regular price though, due to the circumstances - fair play to him!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thanks for coming back and letting us know how it went.

dudara

Advertisement