Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What documents do I need to bring to Australia to look for work?

Options
  • 28-06-2010 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

First of all, I apologise if this has been posted several times. Anyway, I'm just wondering what I need to bring in terms of P45, P60, social security no...etc. If anyone could give me a list that would be great. cheers, Lisa.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

Lisa8786 wrote: »
    First of all, I apologise if this has been posted several times. Anyway, I'm just wondering what I need to bring in terms of P45, P60, social security no...etc. If anyone could give me a list that would be great. cheers, Lisa.

??? Just bring yourself and your CV...P45, P60, PPS number etc mean nothing in Australia - you start from scratch...i.e. you need to register for a TFN (Tax file number) when you get here...that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

FreeAnd.. wrote: »
    ??? Just bring yourself and your CV...P45, P60, PPS number etc mean nothing in Australia - you start from scratch...i.e. you need to register for a TFN (Tax file number) when you get here...that is all

FreeAnd.. is correct but you should also bring copies of any degrees/certificates you may have.

Doc wrote: »
    FreeAnd.. is correct but you should also bring copies of any degrees/certificates you may have.

serious? Have you ever been requested for your degree?

serious? Have you ever been requested for your degree?

Not in an interview no I haven’t but you will need it if you get sponsored by a company.

Doc wrote: »
    Not in an interview no I haven’t but you will need it if you get sponsored by a company.

ahh...was wondering, i've never been asked to produce my degree since i started out of college (although mayeb in my first job - can't really remember)

• Advertisement

ahh...was wondering, i've never been asked to produce my degree since i started out of college (although mayeb in my first job - can't really remember)

Me either could have just pretended I went and saved myself the years/money involved. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I was asked to produce my degree for my permanent residency application. Even though I was applying for a partnership visa and it had no relevance at all. You never know!

I had to get Trinity to send me a copy of it which was a bit of a pain. It was either that or get my dad to take it off the wall and copy it. I thought something official from Trinity would be better!

Advertisement