Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Journo Updates

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Div III.14 done. Pow!

Nice write-up (and the undercover jibes in!) but yes I am now paying attention to the league(ish), once cup run is over! but yes I have to work out how to beat clontarf to make a success of the season.

P.S. should I be honoured my teams logo is used on the page?! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

eoferrall wrote: »
    Nice write-up (and the undercover jibes in!) but yes I am now paying attention to the league(ish), once cup run is over! but yes I have to work out how to beat clontarf to make a success of the season.

P.S. should I be honoured my teams logo is used on the page?! ;)

Would you believe you're the only team in your league with a logo! I'm planning to spice things up with as many pictures as possible, but III.14 let me down :(

Yeah, I had Clontarf in III.3 before, I always thought they were the team to beat in that one, yet they never managed to win it. New setup though, as I said he's spent a lot of money, no doubt after realising the Div II level.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

I nearly have II.2 seasonal review done, it will hopefully be thrown up on monday evening, and the weekly review for for the whole of II will be later on in the week

Would you believe you're the only team in your league with a logo! I'm planning to spice things up with as many pictures as possible, but III.14 let me down :(

Yeah, I had Clontarf in III.3 before, I always thought they were the team to beat in that one, yet they never managed to win it. New setup though, as I said he's spent a lot of money, no doubt after realising the Div II level.

So by rights I should win since I got bored and made a logo!;)

Had noticed the expenditure alright - had me kind of worried but its three players he has bought. and I believe in my main guys! :D

satory wrote: »
    I nearly have II.2 seasonal review done, it will hopefully be thrown up on monday evening, and the weekly review for for the whole of II will be later on in the week

You're a good man Satory, a good man.
    Had noticed the expenditure alright - had me kind of worried but its three players he has bought. and I believe in my main guys! :D

Yeah... think he may be a bit of a sloppy buyer though, still way out of my league, but your team may be good enough to force open the cracks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 shanekoaks

Sorry for the delay with me guys, hoping to make a start this weekend! :)

shanekoaks wrote: »
    Sorry for the delay with me guys, hoping to make a start this weekend! :)

No worries once ya deliver the goods dude. Hoping to get another Div III league done tomorrow.

Top 10 Round 4 Cup mishaps... now up!

Quick summary of tonight's U20's NT match up on the magazine site.

Ajeffares will no doubt be busting in an analysis later, with his greater knowledge on the topic, but for now... if you can't afford the time to read through the whole match but want to know how the boys got on... do it.

Concise Commentary for England v Ireland match now up. It doesn't make for pretty reading.

• Advertisement

New update - Round 5 mishaps! Kablamo!

Cup Round 6 Preview online. Thought I better post this before the actual matches take place :P

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Eireannach

It's worth a read, nice job Fewcifur!

Good write up Frankie! I've gone with a calculated risk of wnwim. Manager not logged in since Sunday, team has 199 & 180 second rows. Pummel corners & hope to get the breaks!

Good write up Frankie! I've gone with a calculated risk of wnwim. Manager not logged in since Sunday, team has 199 & 180 second rows. Pummel corners & hope to get the breaks!

Yeah, I think he got promoted and spent his money on buying big CSR players in order to compete, without pay attention to the finer details or really looking at the long game. He easily has bigger CSR numbers than many respectable Div III teams (like yourself) but they're either nearly finished their career or they've got un-trainable faults. Still a good effort on his part, I hope you don't regret that WNWIM... he may have set his team the minute he saw his league result.

Yeah, I think he got promoted and spent his money on buying big CSR players in order to compete, without pay attention to the finer details or really looking at the long game. He easily has bigger CSR numbers than many respectable Div III teams (like yourself) but they're either nearly finished their career or they've got un-trainable faults. Still a good effort on his part, I hope you don't regret that WNWIM... he may have set his team the minute he saw his league result.

was looking good stat-wise coming up to half-time but he was 0-5 ahead. got two tries in last few minutes of half to lead 12-5. hopefully will hang on and not live to regret gambling!

(feel lucky since trip to vegas!:D )

was looking good stat-wise coming up to half-time but he was 0-5 ahead. got two tries in last few minutes of half to lead 12-5. hopefully will hang on and not live to regret gambling!

(feel lucky since trip to vegas!:D )

DON'T MAKE ME LOOK BAD FERRALL!!! :mad:

:)

DON'T MAKE ME LOOK BAD FERRALL!!! :mad:

:)
    relax you have at least one prediction right anyway! :D

Boom in like flynn to next round - just scored to make is 34-12 with 5 mins left. and dominating territory & possession.

just going to look around the other match ups now.

relax you have at least one prediction right anyway! :D

Boom in like flynn to next round - just scored to make is 34-12 with 5 mins left. and dominating territory & possession.

just going to look around the other match ups now.

Well I know I've already got won prediction wrong... but I was quietly confident that I'd be wrong :p

Well I know I've already got won prediction wrong... but I was quietly confident that I'd be wrong :p

scored a couple more in last few mins! 46-12!

bet you're delighted with that win!

got few others right also it seems! cork coyotes pulled a nice win off!

goig to do a quick tot now to see your success rate!

• Advertisement

scored a couple more in last few mins! 46-12!

bet you're delighted with that win!

got few others right also it seems! cork coyotes pulled a nice win off!

goig to do a quick tot now to see your success rate!

It wasn't as good as previous attempts, but there were some major curve balls there. Next round will hopefully be a bit easier, seems to be most of the Div I sides lined up against Div III types, so a bit more obvious me thinks.

Just posted a review of my preview up on the site, just looking at what unexpecting things went on. Some fascinating stats in some of the matches, a lot of the big teams really let themselves down with tactics.

Cup Round 8 preview up on the magazine site! Go Quick!

Advertisement