Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

check out this antique RIC webley pistol I picked up

Options
  • 28-06-2010 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

In the "Webley Story" Dowell describes this as a "sea service" RIC. This one was sold by Trulock & Harriss in Dublin.

pix1273610093.jpg

pix1273610250.jpg

pix1273609937.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Congrats on the new purchase.You DO belive in letting us know about them dont ya? Grumble.... Grumble....Moan...groan.
    :D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Congrats on the new purchase.You DO belive in letting us know about them dont ya? Grumble.... Grumble....Moan...groan.
    :D

All this stuff is in the states, doubtful any GB sellers would ship to Ireland.
    Just be satisfied that they're with a paddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

that was the forerunner to the bulldog wasn't it ?

rowa wrote: »
    that was the forerunner to the bulldog wasn't it ?

fore-runner yes, though it was continually manufactured till the mid 30s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

harmoniums wrote: »
    fore-runner yes, though it was continually manufactured till the mid 30s

So Ironic we can't have them here.

I often thought of emigrating.

I so loved the Texan way of life.
    If it was a poem by Joyce the state would buy it and keep it in a Musem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

So Ironic we can't have them here.

I often thought of emigrating.

I so loved the Texan way of life.
    If it was a poem by Joyce the state would buy it and keep it in a Musem.

BAH!!:mad::mad::mad:If is was a poem by Joyce our lot wouldnt give two hoots unless you donated it to the state.Then they would be all over it like flies on the brown matter for a photo shoot! Look at what happened to one of the last known original copy of a1916 proclimation[sic]? Flogged off at auction to somone not residing on our shores.Lissadell house another fine example,only salvaged by two private citizens,and look at the thanks they got for trying to do it right?Gombeen politics when the work was already done restoring the place.It saddens me to go out shooting here somtimes and to pass many great houses that are in ruins around our countryside. The typical lovely old Gerorgeian farmhouse,falling down used as the cow shed and the Bungalow Bliss painted usually bright Pink beside it.

We unfortuneatly seem have no sense of value of our past or heritage here. Seems that anything to do with our past must be buried or destroyed as it is somhow tainted by being in contact with "the English".:rolleyes:.
    So do you think this shower would pay one cent for any firearms made here or for a piece of heritage?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    BAH!!:mad::mad::mad:If is was a poem by Joyce our lot wouldnt give two hoots unless you donated it to the state.Then they would be all over it like flies on the brown matter for a photo shoot! Look at what happened to one of the last known original copy of a1916 proclimation[sic]? Flogged off at auction to somone not residing on our shores.Lissadell house another fine example,only salvaged by two private citizens,and look at the thanks they got for trying to do it right?Gombeen politics when the work was already done restoring the place.It saddens me to go out shooting here somtimes and to pass many great houses that are in ruins around our countryside. The typical lovely old Gerorgeian farmhouse,falling down used as the cow shed and the Bungalow Bliss painted usually bright Pink beside it.

We unfortuneatly seem have no sense of value of our past or heritage here. Seems that anything to do with our past must be buried or destroyed as it is somhow tainted by being in contact with "the English".:rolleyes:.
    So do you think this shower would pay one cent for any firearms made here or for a piece of heritage?

I'm also trying to get the same guy to sell me this Kavanagh Rook rifle.
    check it out

4746066575_38edbc27e7_b.jpg

4746066649_1acf7d6471_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

hi harmoniums,I hate these posts you do showing all your rifles and stuff but love it at same time!any chance of you doing a post with as many of your rifles handguns as you can fit in one picture?It will make be ill but happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

lovely colour case hardening on the action on that kavanagh , it mustn't have seen much use , what calibre is it in harmoniums ? there was a similar one on guntrader uk converted nicely to .22 hornet , i believe most of these rook and rabbit rifles fell obsolete after kynoch stopped production of many different rounds after the war.

Advertisement