Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does anywhere in Dublin sell pots?

• 28-06-2010 11:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭

I need to pick up a pair of 500k or 250k split shaft pots and I'll be in the city centre tomorrow, do any of the music shops sell them? And if so what do they charge?

I know I can get them online, but I don't want to wait for them to arrive, I've a few days free at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I think X-music used to do them, probably best to ring them though. I know it's not town, but still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭Mataguri

Maplins sell them. Cant remember the price though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I checked the Blanchardstown maplins and they didn't have the right kind and I don't see them on their website, and x music is impossible for me to get to, no car. Cheers for the suggestions though, any other options?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I'll try music maker so, cheers. Hopefully they have them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭gotBass

why dont you try radionics.ie
    as far as I remember you can order and arrange to pick up at their place.
    not sure if this is still the case though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

KnB music in Maynooth have pots in stock, or did when I was in at the weekend - it may be Kildare but it's got an 01 area code and a bus connection to the city center :)

€6 for "guitar tech" branded pots, €12 for push/pulls branded Boston - the boston catalog just show's 'em as "Made in korea", no manufacturer. Haven't fitted them yet so can't attest to the quality. But they push, and they pull - what more do you want? :)

If you're looking for CTS or Alphas or something specific, I'd call ahead, see what name is on the bag / box in the shop, and then follow up with that supplier to see where they get them - eg, "Boston" branded parts could be from well known manufacturers like Switchcraft, Sprague, Alps, CTS etc or no-name parts, depending on the catalogue number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭goblin59

kevin has sold me pots before for a guitar project
    very nice guy and he knows his stuff
    http://www.myspace.com/guitarfix

Advertisement