Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

soccer for next season

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 COMPETITOR

Headshot wrote: »
    will Tring be going down the High Definition route any time soon

For sure Yes...

Just for your Info Tring need more then us to be in HD ...Channels to compote with Digitalb ...
    But tring been Unlacky....In time when tring like get New Transponder we had problem with Eutelsat.....Tring can not do Any Update if Eutelsat new birds not coming up and allow tring to have New transponder to have new channels Including HD.

The news are new transponder maybe will be release in End of Septeber..that is Confirm ,but is always not to tring Decision ( even not to DARKMAN ...) but EUTELSAT..mean thinks can be Daley or change if not going good for Eutelsat.

I hope tring get new Transponder soon they will have HD channels ...because i have to sell to them HD Boxes as well.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

byte wrote: »
    It's not going to be the end for satellite TV for a long time IMO. Not in this country anyway where broadband isn't exactly brilliant.
    I'd doubt too many would have the necessary broadband speeds here for it to work reliably (maybe UK has better broadband?), unless maybe you're being fed from a fibre network?

I think though that in the future imo, eventually it will be all done over super-fast broadband.

How long before we can average even 10mb per household is anyone's guess.

I personally don't even touch 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 COMPETITOR

down London i have Cable Virgin media 50MB...
    and From BT --Be there 32MB

Soon will be all over 10Mb even BT and Virgin are going in that way as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

and we would want bigger download limits here as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,613 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Manc-Red wrote: »
    I think though that in the future imo, eventually it will be all done over super-fast broadband.

How long before we can average even 10mb per household is anyone's guess.

I personally don't even touch 3.

Not anytime soon, the goverment etc dont have a clue of what to do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

glic83 wrote: »
    and we would want bigger download limits here as well

Aye, when I was in Spain I had unlimited download limit and that was back in 2005!!!!!!!!!

I think Vodafone and Eircom give 60GB download limit which is bad if you do heavy downloading.

Not anytime soon, the goverment etc dont have a clue of what to do

I think we'll all have sufficient broadband to have one of these boxes working 100% in the next 5 years.

My broadband is due to shoot up to 8mb shortly.

I'd be really interested in one of them bad boys.

COMPETITOR wrote: »
    down London i have Cable Virgin media 50MB...
    and From BT --Be there 32MB

Soon will be all over 10Mb even BT and Virgin are going in that way as well.

Over here things are slower, I'm from Dublin and its not to bad - parts outside are well behind in strong broadband.

Times need to change.

That product is very exciting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

where i am ill be getting fixed wireless from ripplecom installed and its supposed to be 3mb down 1mb up and this is the best option open to be so while the main parts of the country are getting speeds increased there is sweet f a being done in relation to speeds for the rural aera's and as for the nbs biggest joke ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Viasat and Sport klub now with confirmed 3pms

Viasat not receivable here without a monster dish AFIK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

i was enjoying this thread until the obvious popped his head in again ... thought this was about soccer for next season not another advert for that shower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'll just ask this here, don't think it's worthy of a thread as it's a 1 reply answer.

I'm able to pick up the signal for Eredivisie Live 1 on 19E but I can't pick up any signal for Eredivisie 2 on 23E. I've got a 1.1M dish. Is it not receivable in Ireland?
    I'm trying to find out for a dutch lad at work, he's looking into getting a card from his family back home for the Eredivsie channels since he's a big Ajax fan.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

thanks of the reply mate, i hate all the waiting (just dont have the patience :pac:)
    what pissed me off last season was I couldnt watch the midweek games so will diema & cyfra have those games ?

I was looking at alsat for prices on Diema and saw this http://69.46.27.82/~alsatoff/shop/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage-ask.tpl&product_id=246&category_id=118&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1
    16 months become 6 months :(

Diema would also be handy for me and I wouldnt have to buy a mono lnb since its 13e too

Diema is not on 13 east. Its on either 16 east and 39 east. Also available now on 1 west via focus sat package.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I'll just ask this here, don't think it's worthy of a thread as it's a 1 reply answer.

I'm able to pick up the signal for Eredivisie Live 1 on 19E but I can't pick up any signal for Eredivisie 2 on 23E. I've got a 1.1M dish. Is it not receivable in Ireland?
    I'm trying to find out for a dutch lad at work, he's looking into getting a card from his family back home for the Eredivsie channels since he's a big Ajax fan.

Cheers.

Its a very strong signal here, its possibly not broadcasting at the moment and also it is only a part time channel anyway, broadcasting at the weekend. All other channels on that transponder are coming in with no problems.

Manc-Red wrote: »
    Will this be the start of the end for satellite Tv in your opinion?

I think the worry about satellite tv is all the talk of the ultra tight spot beams that will soon be coming. Mr greedy (Sky) must be rubbing his hands with delight that the only satellite packages in the UK/Ireland will be HIS services! When this happens, it'll be a very very dark day. IPTV will be the future im sure, but we in Ireland really need to get our act together in regards with BB speeds and reliability.

Welcome to boards.ie Darkman (Competitor) if that is you.

snaps wrote: »
    I think the worry about satellite tv is all the talk of the ultra tight spot beams that will soon be coming. Mr greedy (Sky) must be rubbing his hands with delight that the only satellite packages in the UK/Ireland will be HIS services! When this happens, it'll be a very very dark day. IPTV will be the future im sure, but we in Ireland really need to get our act together in regards with BB speeds and reliability.

Will these new ultra tight beams require new satellites being launched because if so that will take several years in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭sob1467

I think that it is only a matter of time before new satellites get launched that have ultra tight beam spots. Proof of this is the new satellite system that RTE say that they will launch in 2012 and they believe that they will be able to broadcast signals to Ireland without people in England been able to receive these signals. So if this occurs and is the future there will be no chance of us receiving channels for polish tv channels like Cyfra+ for example.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,112 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    i was enjoying this thread until the obvious popped his head in again ... thought this was about soccer for next season not another advert for that shower

Yes a pity "My Competitor" :rolleyes: had to pop up and spew out his propaganda and nonsensensical bile .
    It seems he may have carried out his threat to castrate a few of the posters here judging by their fawning over him.

sob1467 wrote: »
    I think that it is only a matter of time before new satellites get launched that have ultra tight beam spots. Proof of this is the new satellite system that RTE say that they will launch in 2012 and they believe that they will be able to broadcast signals to Ireland without people in England been able to receive these signals. So if this occurs and is the future there will be no chance of us receiving channels for polish tv channels like Cyfra+ for example.:(

Like has been said already IPTV could be the future although this country is screwed! I have seen IPTV in action whilst in Spain from a couple of different companies and my opinion is to avoid, avoid, avoid. Every time your internet freezes if only for second or two the picture will glitch. A good and fast connection is required which rules us out. I think we all experience say once every month or two our internet conncetions going on the blink for hours on end. Could you imagine the reprecussions - no tv! I think for that reason alone satellite will win out as the picture does not diminish except in ridiculously extreme circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I can see it now, out in the back yard on a rainy August day unscrewing the bolts on my Triax dish with tears streaming down my face while the missus stands inside the window with a cheeky grin :(.

F**k the prick who created spotbeams.
    Its a very strong signal here, its possibly not broadcasting at the moment and also it is only a part time channel anyway, broadcasting at the weekend. All other channels on that transponder are coming in with no problems.

Cheers, any chance I could get the frequency of the tp you are picking it up on?

I've got 11739 V 27500 3/4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭sob1467

redout wrote: »
    Like has been said already IPTV could be the future although this country is screwed! I have seen IPTV in action whilst in Spain from a couple of different companies and my opinion is to avoid, avoid, avoid. Every time your internet freezes if only for second or two the picture will glitch. A good and fast connection is required which rules us out. I think we all experience say once every month or two our internet conncetions going on the blink for hours on end. Could you imagine the reprecussions - no tv! I think for that reason alone satellite will win out as the picture does not diminish except in ridiculously extreme circumstances.

Thats true there is still many places in rural Ireland who do not even have broadband. In my area mobile broadband is the only option and it is cr@p for watching tv online it breaks up every few seconds if iptv is the future I'll have to move house!

Yes a pity "My Competitor" :rolleyes: had to pop up and spew out his propaganda and nonsensensical bile .
    It seems he may have carried out his threat to castrate a few of the posters here judging by their fawning over him.

I think we need to have a truce here, i post on boards to get away from all the slander and bickering on other forums. Boards is a friendly place and it needs to stay a friendly place where people can get help and advice.

Past is past, so now lets get on with business!!!!!

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I can see it now, out in the back yard on a rainy August day unscrewing the bolts on my Triax dish with tears streaming down my face while the missus stands inside the window with a cheeky grin :(.

F**k the prick who created spotbeams.

Cheers, any chance I could get the frequency of the tp you are picking it up on?

I've got 11739 V 27500 3/4.

11.914 H 27500 3/4

Ill check when i get out of bed if its still broadcasting!

Dont worry you'll be able to use it to line Murdochs pockets and the UK governments tax purse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Back to next season!:p

I didn't have a dish, sky or otherwise, last year. This year, i got a motorised dish set up, with an Mvision box. I was primarily interested in the FTA stuff and I had no interest in paying out a fortune for Sky Sports.

Having read through the threads here , i've decided to experiment a bit with some foreign subs and get back to watching some tv football.

I've decided to taken the plunge on that Cyfra Canal + HD card discussed here, on the basis that i get a HD film channel with some english language content. And its not too expensive.

I was going to go down the Al Jazeera route as well.

I'm not too hung up on EPL and i like the fact that this appears to be showing a lot of different worldwide football and complements the Cyfra card. I'm a bit put off by reports of recent signal degradation though. Persuade me to spend money, people! Is the signal that bad? Or should i wait a few weeks into the seasons and see how the other providers work out?

druss wrote: »
    Back to next season!:p

I didn't have a dish, sky or otherwise, last year. This year, i got a motorised dish set up, with an Mvision box. I was primarily interested in the FTA stuff and I had no interest in paying out a fortune for Sky Sports.

Having read through the threads here , i've decided to experiment a bit with some foreign subs and get back to watching some tv football.

I've decided to taken the plunge on that Cyfra Canal + HD card discussed here, on the basis that i get a HD film channel with some english language content. And its not too expensive.

I was going to go down the Al Jazeera route as well.

I'm not too hung up on EPL and i like the fact that this appears to be showing a lot of different worldwide football and complements the Cyfra card. I'm a bit put off by reports of recent signal degradation though. Persuade me to spend money, people! Is the signal that bad? Or should i wait a few weeks into the seasons and see how the other providers work out?

Theres no degrade in signal from hotbird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Theres no degrade in signal from hotbird.

I think druss means that JSC picture quality has deterioriated of late, which is true.Also druss, seeing as you have already forked out for Cyfra+, I would wait a bit to see if the JSC picture quality improves.

Just got a reply from TV2 Sporten about EPL HD Channels on 1w.

When does your new EPL HD Channels begin??

Yesterday at 17:50 ·
    TV 2 Sporten Hi Chris! This is yet to be decided, but expect them to launched at least a couple of days before PL kickoff.

Not originally what you said though m8 ;)...

Look the guy apologized publicly & I've excepted.

Show is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Yeah, i meant picture quality on the jsc stations. Poor choice of phrase. :) The Cyfra card is on its way and al jazeera may have to wait for my credit card to stabilize in any event. All being equal, i still think jsc and cyfra should cover most bases. Hopefully jsc improves.

• Advertisement

druss wrote: »
    Yeah, i meant picture quality on the jsc stations. Poor choice of phrase. :) The Cyfra card is on its way and al jazeera may have to wait for my credit card to stabilize in any event. All being equal, i still think jsc and cyfra should cover most bases. Hopefully jsc improves.

JSC is very very poor at the minute on 13e for PQ, I know its a cheap card but that quality is taking the mick all together.

Advertisement