Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

soccer for next season

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

for anyone who has ordered and received a Cyfra+ card recently from satsklep - What are the delivery times like? If I ordered today would it arrive in time for the next weekends EPL games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

for anyone who has ordered and received a Cyfra+ card recently from satsklep - What are the delivery times like? If I ordered today would it arrive in time for the next weekends EPL games?

Ordered last Friday and it arrived in Shannon UPS depot today, expected delivery is Monday as i am a rural location, would have been today if urban so 7 days i guess if urban.
    Man Utd Newcastle is on Monday so you might have it for that if it does not arrive on the Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

Ordered last Friday and it arrived in Shannon UPS depot today, expected delivery is Monday as i am a rural location, would have been today if urban so 7 days i guess if urban.
    Man Utd Newcastle is on Monday so you might have it for that if it does not arrive on the Friday.

Cheers downwiththatsor(tofthing)... I'm in Limerick city - so I think I'll go for it (they're probably all gone home today though) and fingers crossed I'll have it for Mon week.

carefullnow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Cheers downwiththatsor(tofthing)... I'm in Limerick city - so I think I'll go for it (they're probably all gone home today though) and fingers crossed I'll have it for Mon week.

carefullnow

Maybe Canal+ Film will air "The Passion of St Tibulus":D

No 3pm game on Canal Sport on Sat 21st just Wigan v Chelsea at 5.30pm, Newcastle v Villa on Sun and Fulham v Man Utd on C sport2

father_ted.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Maybe Canal+ Film will air "The Passion of St Tibulus":D

No 3pm game on Canal Sport on Sat 21st just Wigan v Chelsea at 5.30pm, Newcastle v Villa on Sun and Fulham v Man Utd on C sport2

Coverage will be updated and the 3rd canal+ sport channel will be showing matches im sure, they did at the end of last season

• Advertisement

settopbox wrote: »
    Would I be able to pick up these epl channels on 0.8w on a 1.1m dish.

Normally I cant get the nordic canal plus HD so I would doubt it.

Anyone know.

i cant get the canal+ HD channel at all on a 1.1m, but i can get TV2 HD on a K1 beam only in good weather. The TV2 EPL channels are also on this K1 beam. TV2 EPL 1 seems the strongest of the 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

snaps wrote: »
    i cant get the canal+ HD channel at all on a 1.1m, but i can get TV2 HD on a K1 beam only in good weather. The TV2 EPL channels are also on this K1 beam. TV2 EPL 1 seems the strongest of the 3?

I can get the above in good weather on an 84cm penta dish in east Kildare. Id imagine a 1.1m dish will suffice for poor weather reception for me

M5 wrote: »
    I can get the above in good weather on an 84cm penta dish in east Kildare. Id imagine a 1.1m dish will suffice for poor weather reception for me

What frequency are you getting canal+ HD/Canal+ sport HD on? Im trying 10.934 H 25000 3/4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭denis1501

Sky Italia's live games have now been added to L.J's premiership page guys, at least 3 matches being shown at 3pm the first day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,112 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

denis1501 wrote: »
    Sky Italia's live games have now been added to L.J's premiership page guys, at least 3 matches being shown at 3pm the first day!

You Lucky bugger :)

• Advertisement

denis1501 wrote: »

Digital+ (Spain) are showing 3 3pm matches too .
    Very handy .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Digital+ (Spain) are showing 3 3pm matches too .
    Very handy .

:confused:

Not according to LJs they aint.

Canal+ France are down for three 3pm games. (one is on Sport+, one Canal+ Sport and one Canal+)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

redout wrote: »

Canal+ France are down for three 3pm games. (one is on Sport+, one Canal+ Sport and one Canal+)

C+ Fr have come out big time for this season, Pity though I've never had it with English Audio.

redout wrote: »

It hasnt been announced yet what exact channels on Digital+ the matches will be broadcast ,but its been publicised that they will be showing 3 matches this Saturday at 3pm.
    Will just have to wait and see I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Will just have to wait and see I guess.

Add it to the list!
    Looking forward to funding out the truth about tring myself.

Someone posted up the tring schedule from the facebook page on alsat but darkman/comeptitor said it isn't the real list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭irishchris

coverage on tring for the community shield seems ok picture quality wise. audio is bit poor but at least is in english :) imagine it will be similar for the premiership when it starts.

ps anyone see hernandez's goal for united. one of the most bizarre headers i have ever seen :D roll on the premier league!

irishchris wrote: »
    coverage on tring for the community shield seems ok picture quality wise. audio is bit poor but at least is in english :) imagine it will be similar for the premiership when it starts.

ps anyone see hernandez's goal for united. one of the most bizarre headers i have ever seen :D roll on the premier league!

Just had a look - the audio is horrendous and thats no lie.

Picture looks pretty poor - I am averaging 2300 kbits/s and only 95kbit/s on audio!

I've been lucky enough to be able to watch the community shield in HD on Sky Italia.

Amazing quality.

I wish I had the money to buy my own card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭irishchris

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I've been lucky enough to be able to watch the community shield in HD on Sky Italia.

Amazing quality.

I wish I had the money to buy my own card.

i just flicked at end of community shield post match and noticed there was no english audio?? was it the same for the entire match - i tried supercalcio 1/sport 1/ calcio 1 and was same audio.

i would hope there is english audio for premier league like last year

irishchris wrote: »
    i just flicked at end of community shield post match and noticed there was no english audio?? was it the same for the entire match - i tried supercalcio 1/sport 1/ calcio 1 and was same audio.

i would hope there is english audio for premier league like last year

I was watching on Calcio 1 and there was English commentary all match, after they went back to the studio for a few minutes then when they went back for the trophy presentation there was only Italian commentary. You'll be good for the season.

One thing I noticed was Sky Sport 1HD was a good 4 minutes behind the match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

What frequency are you getting canal+ HD/Canal+ sport HD on? Im trying 10.934 H 25000 3/4

meant TV2 pl, not c+hd, not a meg outa c+ hd unfortunately.... 1.1 may just get me tuned in though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,613 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

hmmm interesting

CONFIRMED: Tring will defy the EPL – L.J.

http://liveonsat.com/forum.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭sob1467

Headshot wrote: »
    hmmm interesting

This Tring saga is almost turning into a soap opera. It will be interesting to see how many matches they show over the season.

Headshot wrote: »
    hmmm interesting

How exactly will they defy the EPL if as LJ says they have the rights ?

How exactly will they defy the EPL if as LJ says they have the rights ?

Because the FA don't like so many 3pm games widely available to the UK at such a reasonable price. ADMC and Viasat can do it because the satellites their channels are on are very difficult to receive in the UK.

The tring deal still has an auro of dodginess about it - people should remember what happened to Digitalb.

Also here is something else to think about - doesnt a Belgian/Dutch operator only show epl domestically via cable and not via there satellite channels even though they carry them ? Just another possibility that could occur.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Because the FA don't like so many 3pm games widely available to the UK at such a reasonable price. ADMC and Viasat can do it because the satellites their channels are on are very difficult to receive in the UK.

Yes I'm aware of that but surely the contract Tring entered with the EPL specifies the maximum number of matches that Tring can show on a Saturday at 3pm.
    If Tring were to "Defy" the EPL and show more than they are contracted to show then I can see them being stripped of the rights pretty quickly.
    I'd imagine the rights for Albania would be peanuts in the larger scheme of things and if the EPL had no tv income from the Albanian market they wouldnt lose too much sleep.

The EPL should be worrying alright. If the championship is anything to go by in regards to attendences they should be worrying.

This bubble will burst soon mark my words. Its getting too expensive.

A lot of the championship matches i saw this weekend the stadiums were half empty.

Even Man united tickets have gone on general sale for Monday nights match, which is a real rare thing to happen!

The Epl/Sky UK have got too greedy as far as i am concerned and have everything coming to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,613 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

The EPL should be worrying alright. If the championship is anything to go by in regards to attendences they should be worrying.

This bubble will burst soon mark my words. Its getting too expensive.

A lot of the championship matches i saw this weekend the stadiums were half empty.

Even Man united tickets have gone on general sale for Monday nights match, which is a real rare thing to happen!

The Epl/Sky UK have got too greedy as far as i am concerned and have everything coming to them.

a bit more to that than just being on tv

I got a letter in the the post about a sky hike and with the vat rising in the uk soon its just laughable tbh, greedy fat *****

• Advertisement

In some ways i wish that broadcasters would boycott buying EPL rights. How does it work, is there a set minimum for country broadcasters to bid or is it just the highest win?

Advertisement