Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

soccer for next season

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I've always used Diseqc to store my satellite positions on my Dm600.
    I've found that Usals doesnt work properly on Dm500 and Dm600 ,it seems to have a mind of its own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Superfin

Manc-Red wrote: »
    88cm will boom em in:D
    I've an 78cm dish and I'm getting the 'no signal' on the cyfra hd channels. Is it a dish size issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Superfin wrote: »
    I've an 78cm dish and I'm getting the 'no signal' on the cyfra hd channels. Is it a dish size issue?

78cm should deffo pull them in m8, have you your box set th dvbs-2 when you do the scan?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

Cyfra+ Card arrived at last and worked immediately in azbox elite, do the hd channels need a large dish i.e is this a weak transponder 11.278 V SR 27500 , Fec 2/3?
    sd channels are no problem.

How can i view card expiry details etc?
    cheers

Had the same issue on my azbox.
    I had to edit the TP. Change the modulation to DVB-S2 (8PSK)

kkontour wrote: »
    Had the same issue on my azbox.
    I had to edit the TP. Change the modulation to DVB-S2 (8PSK)

How does one do this?

• Advertisement

How does one do this?
    Home/Settings

TV Channels/ Tuner DVB-S
    Sat/TV edit
    Change the sat to hotbird and scroll down to 11.278
    scroll down to modulation and use right arrow to select DVB-S2 (8PSK)
    press OK
    Go back and rescan transponder the the channels should come in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,613 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

im telling ya lads, im not sure about dublin but in tipp here is fair bloody hard to find an installer, iv a fella who's hoping to come saturday but thats if im lucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

azzeretti wrote: »
    Funnily enough I have just solved this problem! Here's what I did:

Change to the sat of your choice that needs fine tuning. Fine (step) tune east or west as required until the % is as high as you can get. Choose save and select a positioner number, say 001. Next, go into Service Searching and edit the tuner. Select the satellite you were just editing and change it from "Use USUALS=yes" to "..=no". You will then be offered and poisitioner number to use for this satellite, choose the same number as you saved above.

I just tried this for a sat that is crappy on my arch, 16e. Now after changing to positioner and saving the fine tune position I can move to another sat and then back and it will keep the "best tune" I saved earlier.
    Sweet.

Can you be a bit more specific.

Once I save the position and exit then procede to tuner congif (here I have Simple-Positioner) when you say select the satellite by what means ? (Diseqc A/B, Diseqc A/B/C/D, Single, Toneburst A/B) That is the part where I lose you.

Home/Settings

TV Channels/ Tuner DVB-S
    Sat/TV edit
    Change the sat to hotbird and scroll down to 11.278
    scroll down to modulation and use right arrow to select DVB-S2 (8PSK)
    press OK
    Go back and rescan transponder the the channels should come in.

Did this but scanning nothing. Signal Strength is 97% but quality stays at zero?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Did this but scanning nothing. Signal Strength is 97% but quality stays at zero?

Do you have pilot settings? If so turn pilot to off.

• Advertisement

Try changing the fec to 3/4

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

redout wrote: »
    Can you be a bit more specific.

Once I save the position and exit then procede to tuner congif (here I have Simple-Positioner) when you say select the satellite by what means ? (Diseqc A/B, Diseqc A/B/C/D, Single, Toneburst A/B) That is the part where I lose you.
    YOu need to switch from Simple to Advanced.

All sats need to be set as DiSEqC 1.2 for USALS, enter your USALS coordinates. You'll need to do this for every sat you can receive now, though the co-ords and other settings will stay the same for the rest.

For any sats you wnat to use manual settings on, scroll all the way down (off the page to next page in my case) to change the option "Use USALS". When you select No, yet another option appears, whereby you choose the manual position you saved, eg. 01.

For me it's as follows, in Advanced

Satellite: 0.8W INtelsat.....
    LNB: LNB1
    Priority: Auto
    LOF: Universal
    Voltage mode: Polarization
    Increased volt: no
    Tone mode: band
    DiSEqC mode: 1.2
    Toneburst: no
    Commited diseqc: no
    Fast diseqc; no
    Sequence repeat: no
    Command order: commited, toneburst
    Uncommited diseqc: none
    diseqc repeats: none
    Longitude: ENTER YOURS HERE
    Latitude: ENTER YOURS HERE
    Use usals for this sat: NO
    Stored position: 001

byte wrote: »
    YOu need to switch from Simple to Advanced.

All sats need to be set as DiSEqC 1.2 for USALS, enter your USALS coordinates. You'll need to do this for every sat you can receive now, though the co-ords and other settings will stay the same for the rest.

For any sats you wnat to use manual settings on, scroll all the way down (off the page to next page in my case) to change the option "Use USALS". When you select No, yet another option appears, whereby you choose the manual position you saved, eg. 01.

For me it's as follows, in Advanced

Satellite: 0.8W INtelsat.....
    LNB: LNB1
    Priority: Auto
    LOF: Universal
    Voltage mode: Polarization
    Increased volt: no
    Tone mode: band
    DiSEqC mode: 1.2
    Toneburst: no
    Commited diseqc: no
    Fast diseqc; no
    Sequence repeat: no
    Command order: commited, toneburst
    Uncommited diseqc: none
    diseqc repeats: none
    Longitude: ENTER YOURS HERE
    Latitude: ENTER YOURS HERE
    Use usals for this sat: NO
    Stored position: 001

Thats brilliant - can I just use that for the one sat as its only the one giving me a problem. All the others are fine with USALS. I presume I will need to switch to advanced every time I want that one particular sat but sure I hardly ever watch it in the first place.

Thx

snaps wrote: »
    Do you have pilot settings? If so turn pilot to off.
    Try changing the fec to 3/4

Get in! Working now, many many many thanks lads for your help

Get in! Working now, many many many thanks lads for your help

Pleasure, that's what we are here for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

redout wrote: »
    Thats brilliant - can I just use that for the one sat as its only the one giving me a problem. All the others are fine with USALS. I presume I will need to switch to advanced every time I want that one particular sat but sure I hardly ever watch it in the first place.

Thx

I'm not sure how you're set up but I have all my satellites set to advanced mode and USUALS. For the ones I'm having problems with I zap to a channel with a low signal then go to the fine tune and save that position. I then go and edit the tuner config for that set and change to USUALS =no the add the position number above. You will only ever need to do this once and the system will just keeping using USUALS for your other sats but your stored position for the bad sat. You won't ever need to edit the tuner again once saved and won't need to changed to Advanced before zapping etc

Pleasure, that's what we are here for.

Thanks, had another check this morning before work and the sports HD is freezing every few seconds, the movies in hd is not freezing, is it like this for anyone?

No it shouldnt be freezing at all.

All work fine for me, even in poor weather.

Lads them Diseqc instructions have worked a treat.

Now tried it on 1W and have gone from 600 to 800 services.

Also now got Canal+ Film HD and Canal+ Sport HD back!

I lost them around April - happy days.

• Advertisement

Digi sport CZ/SK now active on 1 west 12.531 V 23340 3/4

Seems only Czech/Slovakian language and may not be 16/9. A lot of czechs are very angry as EPL used to be in HD, 16/9 via Nova sports.

Seems the Czechs have gone back to 3rd world tv!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭sob1467

I'm just after doing a bit of research on the number of matches that Cyfra will show. They say on their website that they will show about 150 matches. I then went into the Sky website and Sky Sports will show 92 matches and ESPN will show 46 matches. That is a total of 138 matches for a combination of Sky/ESPN. So Cyfra will show 12 matches more than this so they must be going to show some 3pms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Zardoz

sob1467 wrote: »
    So Cyfra will show 12 matches more than this so they must be going to show some 3pms.
    Not necessarily,its more likely that they will show extra midweek matches .

Make sure you check out the sports 3 (Test channel) of Cyfra. Last season they showed EPL that were not advertised.

Cyfra+ sport HD pic amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

Cyfra+ sport HD pic amazing!

Just watching the Spurs v City game and I am noticing a small picture glitch every 1-2 mins (on both HD and SD Sport Channel). Is this just my setup or are you noticing this too.

The PQ is good, bit the bitrate is still lower than a Sky Sport HD game but I won't be paying for them again!

Also, anywhere to get live commentary online? I am trying to sync the commentary with a laptop/iPhone but can't seem to find anywhere that doesn't have IP restrictions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Just watching the Spurs v City game and I am noticing a small picture glitch every 1-2 mins. Is this just my setup or are you noticing this too.

The PQ is good, bit the bitrate is still lower than a Sky Sport HD game but I won't be paying for them again!

It did seem to be glitching a bit here too for whatever reason.

I must say though, so far i'm delighted with the package from satsklep for what i paid for it.

Just watching the Spurs v City game and I am noticing a small picture glitch every 1-2 mins (on both HD and SD Sport Channel). Is this just my setup or are you noticing this too.

Also, anywhere to get live commentary online? I am trying to sync the commentary with a laptop/iPhone but can't seem to find anywhere that doesn't have IP restrictions!

No glitching here. If you have a sky feed or a feed from 28 east, run a cable from that feed (Audio out) into mic input on a laptop. Download a programme called radio delay and delay it by 6 seconds. Output the laptop audio via the headphone output.

BBC londons internet feed is usually ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,112 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The picture quality on Tring is diabolical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,613 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

The picture quality on Tring is diabolical.

any chance of a pic ?

Advertisement