Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

soccer for next season

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Manc-Red wrote: »
    No English Audio on Sky Germany for the City v Chelsea game

Also Sky Italia not carrying English audio again! Hope D+Deportes is OK for the Spurs match at 3!

Sport TV Liga Inglesa is the business though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

snaps wrote: »
    Also Sky Italia not carrying English audio again! Hope D+Deportes is OK for the Spurs match at 3!

Sport TV Liga Inglesa is the business though!

Damn Sky:mad:

Deportes will be in English, I'll put my house on that :)

Ive heard that even the Italians have complained about the English Audio been taken from their service!

Ive heard that even the Italians have complained about the English Audio been taken from their service!

Hopefully the Germans complain too - sky are a shower of bandits:mad:

What will they do about the PLTV stations that are completely in English, even the studio chat? Perhaps a lot of pubs will be getting MEO/Cabo or Digiturk in soon instead of Sky Italia/Germany. You'd think some of thes tv companies would have a bit of backbone and stand upto EPL/Sky UK.

• Advertisement

What will they do about the PLTV stations that are completely in English, even the studio chat? Perhaps a lot of pubs will be getting MEO/Cabo or Digiturk in soon instead of Sky Italia/Germany. You'd think some of thes tv companies would have a bit of backbone and stand upto EPL/Sky UK.

This is solely a Sky owned issue atm, They can't stop the English on the EPLTV channel because its only in English.

Its aimed at the pub-trade in the UK using the German & Italian Sky's.

Digital + 19e no English audio on Arsenal v WBA but ok on West Ham v Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

im gettin english audio on arsenal wba on canal+ futbol on 19.2

also novasports on 13e has liverpool, west ham and arsenal with english audio

quick question actually.. does anyone know why you cant watch all epl games on sky uk? doesnt make much sense to have english commentators where no english station allows to watch the event

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

j4vier wrote: »
    quick question actually.. does anyone know why you cant watch all epl games on sky uk? doesnt make much sense to have english commentators where no english station allows to watch the event

The games are shown all over the world including English speaking countries like USA, Canada and Australia so English commentary is important.

Sky UK are not allowed to show games between 2.45pm and 5.15pm.

but shouldnt there be an english provider that would show them all? sky germany and sky italy show really all the games of the leagues of their home country

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Their respective leagues allow it. I am sure Sky would show all games if they were allowed to.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Their respective leagues allow it. I am sure Sky would show all games if they were allowed to.

English law wont allow it for some reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

English law wont allow it for some reason
    It's to protect the lower leagues, they reckon that everyone would stay in and watch the big teams on TV rather than go out and watch the local small team if all matches were shown on TV. Easy way around that might be to change the days, e.g. Premiership matches are played on Sunday rather than Saturday, but at this stage it is "tradition" and not likely to be changed.

Johnmb wrote: »
    It's to protect the lower leagues, they reckon that everyone would stay in and watch the big teams on TV rather than go out and watch the local small team if all matches were shown on TV. Easy way around that might be to change the days, e.g. Premiership matches are played on Sunday rather than Saturday, but at this stage it is "tradition" and not likely to be changed.

Great shout, Games on Live @ 3pm Sunday are never shown too on UK channels either in the EPL.

Always plenty of them when the Uefa Cup has been on during the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭sob1467

Johnmb wrote: »

Thats a bit stupid though because in Germany they show all 5 2:30 ( Same as 3pms in England) Bundesliga games on tv and despite this the highest attendances to league and non league games in Europe is in Germany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

sob1467 wrote: »
    Thats a bit stupid though because in Germany they show all 5 2:30 ( Same as 3pms in England) Bundesliga games on tv and despite this the highest attendances to league and non league games in Europe is in Germany.
    I didn't say it was a valid reason, but it is their reasoning. It's not just them though, IIRC, the EPL had to pay off the FAI in order to sell the rights to show certain games over here that were deemed to clash with our league games (either paid them off, or had to avoid showing games at those times, can't remember which), an even more stupid situation...

Superb point :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

2 words..Ticket prices..

They can do it in Germany because prices to go to top flight games are reasonable and because 2nd and 3rd division games don't clash with the top division games.

The Bundesliga is lightyears ahead of the ticking time bomb that is the Premiership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,613 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

bought that Cyfra+ multipakiet + Canal+ HD card today

I have a 500hd and only a mini usb slot but a friend of mine recommended me a USB to mini usb adapter for a Smargo Smartreader Plus so ill get another card some time

i didnt think a mini usb to usb would work for that purpose
    i remeber asking that on a forum somwhere before i bought my 500hd and they said it was a port for software updates only..however i remember dream elite did a hardware modification which allowed it to be used with normal usb functionalities

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭TorresLegend

LJ's site has Liverpool playing on C+ Fútbol 2 (Spain) on Sunday, I can't find that channel listed on KOS site or even Canal's, any ideas?? It's supposed to be on 19.2 10788 V 22000 5/6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Superfin

LJ's site has Liverpool playing on C+ Fútbol 2 (Spain) on Sunday, I can't find that channel listed on KOS site or even Canal's, any ideas?? It's supposed to be on 19.2 10788 V 22000 5/6

Is that a fta station?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭TorresLegend

Superfin wrote: »
    Is that a fta station?

Don't think so, my mate's spanish gf has her subscription over with her. Not sure if this is on the package.

The channel is down as Multipantalla, if anyone can get it!

FPL
    Re: C+ Futbol 3 ? Tequilla 3 or Multipant 3 ?? anyone help?
    Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:20pm

Canal + Futbol 2 = Multipant 1
    Canal + Futbol 3 = Multipant 2*
    Canal + Futbol 4 = Multipant 3*
    Canal + Futbol 5 = Multipant 4*
    Canal + Futbol 6 = Multipant 5
    Canal + Futbol 7 = Multipant 6
    Canal + Futbol 8 = Multipant 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Don't think so, my mate's spanish gf has her subscription over with her. Not sure if this is on the package.

The channel is down as Multipantalla, if anyone can get it!

FPL
    Re: C+ Futbol 3 ? Tequilla 3 or Multipant 3 ?? anyone help?
    Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:20pm

Canal + Futbol 2 = Multipant 1
    Canal + Futbol 3 = Multipant 2*
    Canal + Futbol 4 = Multipant 3*
    Canal + Futbol 5 = Multipant 4*
    Canal + Futbol 6 = Multipant 5
    Canal + Futbol 7 = Multipant 6
    Canal + Futbol 8 = Multipant 7

Sounds like interactive channels.Trying to find them on a non official receiver (usually weird names like 03445 etc etc) could be like trying to find a needle in a haystack!

They scan in as multipant on both 19 east and 30 west

carbsy wrote: »
    Sounds like interactive channels.Trying to find them on a non official receiver (usually weird names like 03445 etc etc) could be like trying to find a needle in a haystack!

I'm getting them m8 on 19e...

Ye still having issues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

I'm getting them m8 on 19e...

Ye still having issues?

lol I totally misread the post this morning! Ooops! :o Yes... I can see them. :)

anywhere I can get an al jazeera sport card in Ireland folks ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

• Advertisement

reaper180 wrote: »

is there any point getting the 1-10 version ?

Advertisement