Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ladies . . .worst pick up line????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

Silverfish wrote: »
    Alright people, less rape jokes and insinuations please.
    Lighten up!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

smokie2008 wrote: »
    Lighten up!!

I suggest you read the charter before posting here again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

me friend had a lad say to her "if i'd somewhere to go back to, i'd flake ya".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

god this thread has picked up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

a guy onced said to me "you look like an angel that came down from the heavens" I honestly didn't believe him. talk about lame! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

This was a few years back, when I had braces (probably around 14/15).

Him: "Pretty braces. Where'd you get them? :cool:"
    Me: "The orthodontist..? :confused:"
    Him: "That's cool!"

:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭bowsie010

"You're so lovely I'd eat your shyte"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭Nuggles

Once you got short you never go back.

From a fella about a foot shorter than me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Got two awful lines almost back to back this weekend. First late friday night coming stopped into local shop to pick up some milk and cat food. Shop is across from a night club so full of drunk lads buying smokes. While waiting in line very drunk guy leans over and goes "Do you have a cat?" Not in the mood to deal with said drunk guy I just threw back at him "No this is for my tea" He then goes "Aw that's a shame, I find women who have cats to be very sexy" followed by really lecherous leer. WTF? I'm not sure what he thought that line was going to get him other then a tin of cat food chucked at his head.

Following day out in local shopping center which has a forzen yogurt place called snog. Their menus say "do you fancy a snog?" While wandering around the stores a guy walks up to me holds up one of the snog menus, points at the fancy a snog line, winks, then looks at me expectantly. Stopped, looked at menu, looked at guy [wasn't bad looking, but bit young] and went "No" and walked off.

Seriously lads time and place!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

last week a guy said to my friend " i want to lick you ****"

yeah it was early in the night and everything... didnt work! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Saturday at Oxegen a kinda okish looking guy came up to me and asked would I like to take a roll in the muck with him :rolleyes:

So didnt work:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

similar to another poster...

Nice tits , how much they cost ya?

I despair

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Ever heard that classic cheesy line: "Your father must be a thief, because he's stolen the stars and put them in your eyes" (*vomits*)

Anyway when I was in school, I think it was back in transition year, a guy in my year had a few too many drinks on night and tried it on a girl, although he couldn't remember it properly. He ended up blurting out: "Your dad must be a farmer cos you've got nice melons!" :D He got a slap for his efforts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Random Fella : It's my birthday,wink wink
    Me : Yes,and...?
    RF : Don't I deserve a kiss?wink wink
    Me : *sigh*

I was confused more than anything.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

i still cant beleive some blokes use pick up line, surely they are just taking the mick, i could never say any to a girl with out feeling like a tool,

Although is going over to a girl and saying hi you having a good night or something chatty like that still counted as pick up line or do gilrs just see it as someone looking for a chat,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭NoHornJan

At the end of a country dance years ago, my aunt was asked by a local farmer if she wanted a lift home. She asked him what kind of car he had. He said he hadn't a car but that he had a big stick outside!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Tips for the lads here: this isn't a pick-up line, exactly. It's just a sure-fire way of getting a girl to laugh. You'll then have the option of throwing a friendly smile and just walking away, or starting conversation. Correct context & delivery is essential though. In a situation where a girl has done any act of kindness to you; held a door while you're carrying pints, served you a drink, lit your cigarette, etc. Then, try this:

"Do you know what you have in common with Barbie?" Say this with a slight cheeky grin, but not too much. The girl will brace for impact, thinking it will be about her breasts or something equally sleazy. She'll probably defensively reply "Go on...."
    "You're a doll!" Big happy smile to accompany it.

I've used this line a million times. It has received a bad reaction once, and she was a bit of a b*tch. Try it!

Wacker wrote: »
    Tips for the lads here:

In the Ladies' Lounge?! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Tips for the lads here: this isn't a pick-up line, exactly. It's just a sure-fire way of getting a girl to laugh. You'll then have the option of throwing a friendly smile and just walking away, or starting conversation. Correct context & delivery is essential though. In a situation where a girl has done any act of kindness to you; held a door while you're carrying pints, served you a drink, lit your cigarette, etc. Then, try this:

"Do you know what you have in common with Barbie?" Say this with a slight cheeky grin, but not too much. The girl will brace for impact, thinking it will be about her breasts or something equally sleazy. She'll probably defensively reply "Go on...."

I've used this line a million times. It has received a bad reaction once, and she was a bit of a b*tch. Try it!

I'll be watching out for that one now! mind you im after laughing reading it..:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

Don't flatter yourself but I think I might like you :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Where better? I doubt I'm the only bloke that reads these pages far more often than The Gentlemen's Club, for instance. Knowing what how the fairer sex thinks is very important.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Where better? I doubt I'm the only bloke that reads these pages far more often than The Gentlemen's Club, for instance. Knowing what how the fairer sex thinks is very important.

But that's not what this forum is for :)

If you want to post pick up tips for men, you might want to post those in the Gentlemen's Club instead.

Haha that's brilliant :P

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭babyfratelli_x

Was workin abroad recently and met a group of Irish people-(late 30s early40s)
    Was doing p.r work and gettin paid on commission when they asked me did I make much money.
    Told them not really but got free drinks and was good craic etc.... Bout 5 mins into the conversation, really sleazy guy leans over and whispers "Ill pay you more money than youll make in a week over here if you come into the bathroom and f*ck me rite now!! :eek:

And he was serious!!

I quickly told him where to go and made a quick escape!!

Also got told by an Italian, that I had "lovely, lovely dots!!" I think he meant my freckles! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Smort Kid

WER LIKE HAIRY COWS AND TOFFEE,,LETS GET TOGETHER

Smort Kid wrote: »
    WER LIKE HAIRY COWS AND TOFFEE,,LETS GET TOGETHER

I think we have a winner :eek: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

In a "classy joint" in town years ago, good-looking girl comes up to me and here's the conversation:

GLG: Can I ask you a question?
    ME: Of course.
    GLG: What height are you?
    ME: 6'6"
    GLG: That's good because I only do guys over 6'3".
    ME: Wow, you'll be some challenge.

I was interested until she came out with the "I only do" bit. I feel your pain laydeez!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭pearliefan

Guy: "You know how I know we're going to have sex tonight?"
    Me: "Eh.. what ?!"
    Guy: "Because I'm stronger than you!"

hehe... it was my friend so I knew I was safe, though I was shocked for a second!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 le souteneur

a friend of mine was in barcode on the northside and a girl came walking up to him.
    Girl: did you get the number?
    friend: what number?
    Girl: the number of the bus?
    friend: the number of what bus?
    Girl: the number of the bus that ran over your face

burn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

a friend of mine was in barcode on the northside and a girl came walking up to him.
    Girl: did you get the number?
    friend: what number?
    Girl: the number of the bus?
    friend: the number of what bus?
    Girl: the number of the bus that ran over your face

burn

Oh ........ Ouch!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Some ponce came up to my cousin when she was in Lillies Whoredello and asked if she was "odd or even" and she's like wtf? He wanted to know her postcode like was she from D4... She said she was from Clontarf (3) and he said "I guess that's acceptable". She told him where to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Guy: 'What's your name?'
    Me: 'Dolores'
    Guy: 'Dolores, Dolly... like Dolly Parton, but without the t!ts. So how 'bout it?'

For some reason he was unimpessed when insulting me didn't work. The fact that I'm a D-Cup makes it even more of a puzzler :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

a lad came up to us one night

"Girls.. say hello to tyson *pulls bulldog puppet from pocket*"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Heard this one before, I couldn't stop laughing.

It was at a neon/luminous party.

Guy: "Did you know that yellow is 73% more noticeable than other colours"
    Girl: "Nope, that's pretty cool."
    Guy: "Yeah, so, will you Golden Shower me so the other girls will notice me more?"

And he was doing so well. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭spudd

don't know why this one worked, but it did!

had been friends with a guy for years, was starting to think there was more between us when we were out one night, drunkenly dancing away when he smiled, leaned over and said 'i'm definitely gonna try chancing you later' before walking away....hour or two later and it all kicked off ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭George Orwell 1982

There was a thread on this on after hours. A got the best laugh out of these two:

How's you belly for a bastard?

Get your coat, I'm locked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

ye have a nice arse can i have a go of it?!!! f*cking creep

some guy asked my cousin if he could cum on her face for a fiver :eek: thats just disgusting!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 smaaaa

are you a parking ticket CAUSE YOU GOT FINE WRITTEN ALL OVER YOU :-)

OH and another one your the best thing to come out of tallaght since robbie keane :-):D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

"it's my birthday, will you score me?"

no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Confidence and Humour is everything. Regardless of looks (within reason)

If only I could get women to laugh like this.

Guess the pickup line of the century in this one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Sabatage

cazzycaz wrote: »
    I was working in a bar in England when an Irish guy came in and asked me 'have i any Irish in me' I said no and he said 'would you like some ?'

He robbed that from Phil Lynott of Thin Lizzy - Live and Dangerous live album "Is there anybody here with any Irish in them - Is there any of the girls who would like a little more Irish in them" !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

"that dress looks fabulous on you.....it'd look even better on my bedroom floor...." :rolleyes:

leahyl wrote: »
    "that dress looks fabulous on you.....it'd look even better on my bedroom floor...." :rolleyes:

Hah, a guy once tried a version of that on a friend of mine - "You look good in that dress, but you'd look better on my d1ck" :confused: Seriously, wtf?

what would a true girl say if a guy went up to them in a club and just simply said "your very pretty / gorgus / beautiful" what ever one comes out

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭NoHornJan

I'm a cukoo and I want to lay eggs in your nest...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭Esel

A V A wrote: »
    what would a true girl say if a guy went up to them in a club and just simply said "your very pretty / gorgus / beautiful" what ever one comes out
    "Why thank you, kind sir. Now piss off, you unoriginal berk!"

Ianatg, btw.

Not your ornery onager

esel wrote: »
    "Why thank you, kind sir. Now piss off, you unoriginal berk!"

Ianatg, btw.

???????? what haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

A V A wrote: »

I'd say, "Thanks". Yup, that's pretty much it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Novella wrote: »
    I'd say, "Thanks". Yup, that's pretty much it!
    Exactly what I'd say too.

if they said something bad for no reason i would quikly reply with " that dress doesnt do you any favors " . . . if theyre guna be a bitch so can i :) heheh

• Advertisement
Advertisement